report from my 5th adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ishasha

report from my 5th adjustment

#1 Post by ishasha »

Just came back from my 5th adjustment. I had been looking forward to changes for a while but this time they came in all at once. :roll:

First news is that my ortho decided to retire. :shock: I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. The new ortho will start to work with my teeth from next time, although this time she came with my current ortho to get familar with things. Yes, it's a she, pretty young, looks Indian to me... I'm not sure how much trust I should put into her but at this point what can I do? :Questions:

I complained about my current ortho in this forum before, about his not talking to me and leaving as soon as he can. But he seems to have quite a few experiences and he's got the recommendation from one of my colleagues. Oh well...

This time my ortho surprisingly talked to me a lot! (I had prepared to ask him a lot of questions before he checks my teeth in order to make him talking, according to kiwi's suggestion). My ortho talked a lot while he came in with the new ortho. So I got the chance to ask all the questions I had wanted to ask. :thumbsup: So these led to ...

More news: They are going to put lower brackets on next time! They are going to take off the molar buildup next time! :banana: :dance:

Another new thing is that this time my ortho put in a new wire with two loops at the back molar position. He said this is to make the arch longer since I have crowding teeth. And the new ortho agreed to that. Actually the new ortho seems to agree with all the plans. So I'm hoping things work out smoothly....

End of my report.
Uppers braced on 10/24/2006
Lowers braced on 6/25/2007

ishasha

#2 Post by ishasha »

And these loops in the wire are poking into my cheeks. :( So I have to put on some waxes. I haven't used wax for quite a while but it's definitely called upon this time.

Oh I fogot another big news, next time they are going to put bracket on the sideturned tooth in my upper arch to start rotating it! I just can't wait for it!!!

ngbraces

#3 Post by ngbraces »

ishasha,
Yay... :jump: Great news! Sounds like things are going into places for you. Good luck with your new ortho and a lot of progress with your treatment. :rose:
Full Metal Mouth

ishasha

#4 Post by ishasha »

Thanks guys. Especially Karen, you are always encouraging and giving comments to the specific case. It almost sounds like you could be an ortho assistant. :)

I'll keep you guys updated for any progress.

And good luck to all of you metal mouth friends. :lol: