3 Months & 1st Official Adjustment Tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ladylee

3 Months & 1st Official Adjustment Tomorrow!

#1 Post by ladylee »

Tomorrows my 3 month anniversary date and my first adjustment not disguised by repairs. Go figure, :roll: I though that I could go in for once and no repairs, and what happens? This morning my lingual arch broke. Had to call and find out how to remove the rest of it so I could talk normally. Oh well, at least I already had an appointment! I hope they put in new wires because I am thinking of having a colored one. Can't wait to see what they do. Lee

Tin Indian

#2 Post by Tin Indian »

Good luck Lee!- let us know how things turn out .Sounds like your lingual waited for a good time if there was was one to break.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

ladylee

#3 Post by ladylee »

Hi everyone!

I got back to work from my adjustment just under 2 hours ago and suddenly wow, everything my ortho did kicked in. He was going to file my teeth, but said they weren't ready yet. Still, I have a new linqual arch (yuk!) :cry: , new wires on top and bottem then he removed a powerchain that I had to close up a space and put in a spring. I just took some ibuprofen, but it's awfully sensitive in there. Guess it's back to soup again for a few days. :(

My ortho did tell me that I certaintly knew how to do it when he discovered that my lingual arch broke. He seemed pretty suprised, I guess that he rarely sees that happen, particularly in the short length of time that I had it in (about 8 weeks). Everyone in the office had to take a look at it. :P