impatient patient

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

blueturtle922

impatient patient

#1 Post by blueturtle922 »

hi. i have had my expander (RPE) for 2weeks and have been turning twice a day since. i only have 6 turns left (thats 3 days) and i am getting a full wire across to start closing the gap in one week. the gap is predicted to get about 5mm wide :oops: . the gap has been stressing me out because i am afraid to smile,talk or eat in front of others. i was wondering how long it would take to close this gap. if you can not predict then whats your story on your gap? i need a little encouragement, it's been rough.

turrrtlelove22

#2 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

I have a natural gap I guess you can say. I'm not sure how big it is, measurement wise anyways. But it is large and has been getting larger over the years. I've been braces a little over two months now. Don't worry too much about it like Linda21 said. When you get braces ppl will stare anyways. You end up getting used to it. And most of the time it's never as embarassinfg as you think, just feels that way. Most of the time ppl don't even notice. This one person I know I see several times a week and just now noticed I had braces...go figure. We've all had our bad days I'm sure...cheer up... Just stay positive. It will all work out for the best I'm sure. And SMILE!!!!!! :D :D :D Seriously it helps. It just draws more attention if you try to hide when you smile eat and etc...Just think of how wonderful you will look when it's all over!!!... :D :D :D

Like your name Btw... :lol: :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!