spouse's b-day - nice things to do...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braceschris

#16 Post by Braceschris »

To bad you could not get your braces at the same time as your wife. I bet you will both look good in braces. Now you can have contest as to who teeth move faster etc.

Chris

Braceschris

#17 Post by Braceschris »

Becarefull the first time you both kiss with braces. This group might have to come and help get you untangled.

Good Luck

Chris

Ives

#18 Post by Ives »

Ok Tommyfive, you rock. Just don't make the rest of us guys look to bad. Just to turn this around a little, I might have to drop some hints to my wife about how she can make me feel a little better on the big day. :D hmmmmm I really could use some new golf clubs, that will definitely make me feel better !!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

tommyfive

#19 Post by tommyfive »

Braceschris wrote:To bad you could not get your braces at the same time as your wife. I bet you will both look good in braces. Now you can have contest as to who teeth move faster etc.
heh - i think that might make me more self conscious than wearing braces in the first place. the super cute factor. it would be a funny turn though. how would i secretly get out to buy flowers when we're driving to or from the ortho's office together? :-)

i'm sure my teeth will move faster; my treatment is pretty simple and should be about 10-12 months. she's got much more to be done, at least 18-24, but knowing what needs to be done, I'm betting longer than that.
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

tommyfive

#20 Post by tommyfive »

Ives wrote:Ok Tommyfive, you rock. Just don't make the rest of us guys look to bad. Just to turn this around a little, I might have to drop some hints to my wife about how she can make me feel a little better on the big day. :D hmmmmm I really could use some new golf clubs, that will definitely make me feel better !!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:
accidentally leave any of KK's advice posts up on your screen when your wife can find it and read it. that should give her enough ideas (but don't expect any golf clubs!). ;-)

i'd just be happy to know my wife's that in touch with me and my feelings, etc. she and i work well together that way (we should after 21 years!), but i'm not nearly as uncomfortable about getting and wearing braces as she is. not too worried about me...
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19

tommyfive

#21 Post by tommyfive »

update: it's coming up finally, and she's been out of town since last wednesday. she comes home tomorrow (monday) late, and her appointment is mid-afternoon tuesday. she'll be leaving mid-morning with the kids leaving me here alone for the day.

i've been mr. mom since last week with three kids, and the house (as one might expect) is wrecked.

here's the latest plan:

1) surprise maid service; she'll see how wrecked the house is tomorrow when she gets home. when she comes home tuesday she will be dreading having to pick up the house until she opens the door. :-)

2) flowers!

3) this awesome potato-leek & spinach (bacon is optional) soup we've been ape about lately. It all goes in the blender so there should not be a big mess to clean up (braces-wise) from that spinach, and nothing to chew except maybe some fresh bread.

4) ice cream - either haagen dazs vanilla or ben & jerry's mint chocolate cookie. I have not seen their new organic flavors yet in the stores, but have a chance tomorrow to hit the actual b&j store...

we already share a sonicare handle and i've got several new spare heads for it. the ortho is good about sending patients home with adequate supplies...

will let you know...
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19

lionfish

#22 Post by lionfish »

Are there any more like you at home?

tommyfive

#23 Post by tommyfive »

hoping my son takes my example, that's all i've got to offer; he's not available for another 12 years. :-)

believe me: i can be a total clod as well, but can't we all? this time i happen to be ahead of the game...
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19

tommyfive

#24 Post by tommyfive »

well the day has come and almost gone.

the house cleaning was a smash hit, the flowers were the bow on the present, and nothing else mattered. after the novelty wore off, she wanted to go for a run, which we did, then what she wanted for dinner was a cheeseburger. the soup was going to be too long to wait after that run. so we fired up the grill and she ate the cheeseburger in small careful bites.

she's nowhere near as miserable as she seemed to think she would be and the ceramics she got look great. she's really fine with it.

ice cream and baileys, coming right up!
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19

Ives

#25 Post by Ives »

NICE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Braced March 1st 07

tommyfive

#26 Post by tommyfive »

people,

in summary, all i can offer is to make a an effort to be in touch with your spouse or significant other's feelings about getting braces.

they probably took a longer time than you know to arrive at this decision, and your show of support makes a difference.
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19

Ives

#27 Post by Ives »

applause,,,applause,,,applause

I'm still holding out for golf clubs :dance:
Braced March 1st 07