glow-in-the-dark ligs?!?!?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tommyfive

glow-in-the-dark ligs?!?!?

#1 Post by tommyfive »

so my wife had braces when she was a kid. some of you know what she expected, having worn braces as a kid: wires, twisted around the brackets and tying the brackets together - there were no powerchains or such things; there was more pain and discomfort than we get these days. it was like having someone wire you into a chair. it was nothing like she expected it would be, it was a big relief to her i can tell you, to have elastic ligs holding the archwire in place. but wait...

she had her braces put on today. she got ceramic uppers because she really didn't want them to show. and to be honest, they don't really show, actually they look great, and you can't tell from across the room that she's wearing braces. ok - well... not in the daylight...

while she was in the chair the assistant told her that the plain white ligs would stain easily - coffee, red wine, mustard, curry... and that the 'glow in the dark' ligs would be white, and would not stain as easily as the white ones. so (with a mouth full of spreaders and stuff) she had no room or inclination to ask any more questions - she said okay to the glow in the dark ones. nothing else was said about it. including to me...

how funny was it when we discovered that they glow? i should say that *I* discovered that they glow. let's just say it was at a tender moment...

man, we had a good laugh.

this has changed my mind about different colored ligs. i was gonna go black or gray all the way, but now i'm sure: in prep for halloween i will DEFNITELY be getting the glow-in-the-dark ligs.

:-)
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

Joel-

#2 Post by Joel- »

Unfortunately, they are using some wires instead of elastics on 4 of my teeth... they are only painful when installing and removing though :?

tommyfive

#3 Post by tommyfive »

she showed the kids her glowing smile this morning.

they used one wire tie to anchor the archwire instead of the buccal tube with wifey's first archwire because her 'anchor' molar is so rotated that they couldn't get the archwire in the tube. they'll be working on that in a bit, but we're not sure which way they're going to rotate it.

i remember watching a friend get his braces 'tightened' in 1978 - two lengths of wire, some wire clippers and some fast hands. wifey seems to remember similar experiences and is much happier the way things are going this time through. things are much more high tech and simpler now...
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

susieq182

#4 Post by susieq182 »

The orange glow ligs dont "glow" as much as the white ones, but all the glow ligs are very Black light reactive. I am a fan of them because they have color but arent to much and they dont seem to stain as easy as similar regular colors. The a alot of fun at clubs and cosmic bowling (lots of black lights).
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07