getting braced tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

raninhas

getting braced tomorrow!

#1 Post by raninhas »

Ok, so in less than 24 hours I am getting my upper braces. I can't tell you how exciting this is for me, since I've wanted to do this in some years now (I'm 23).
And I gotta thank all of you, participants of this forum, which I found last week, for the helpful informations and mutual support. This is really a public service, almost, eheh.
And thanks to you all I'm learning things I'd never dreamed about before about the entire process of putting, getting used to and living with braces.
Thank you all!!!

Jenny5

#2 Post by Jenny5 »

Good luck!!! :thumbsup: Let us know how it goes!

pink77blondie

#3 Post by pink77blondie »

Good Luck! I am getting my braces tomorrow too! I am nervous but excited!! (I am 20)

raninhas

#4 Post by raninhas »

I sure will!!! :lol: Thanks for the support!

raninhas

#5 Post by raninhas »

Thank you for the great advices, KK.
I will do that! Oh, gosh, In 7 hours I'll be sitting on my orthos' chair, and I can't wait! I'm here at my training period, but I can hardly do any work!
I'm so excited, excited, excited! :oops: :lol:

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

not long now Rita and you will be a full member of the brace club. Let us know how it was for you.

raninhas

#7 Post by raninhas »

Thanks Lisa. I sure will!

JoviFan

#8 Post by JoviFan »

Good luck this am!!!! 'piece of cake'!!!!! It's just a little uncomfortable with that 'spreader thingy' in your mouth! LOL
:D
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

raninhas

#9 Post by raninhas »

Eheh, already got the spreader, by the time my ortho took all my photos and stuff. Not the most confy of things, but bearable :lol:

pink77blondie

#10 Post by pink77blondie »

I can't wait to read your story make sure to tell me when you post it!

raninhas

#11 Post by raninhas »

Hey Pink, aren't you getting them today as well? Perhaps you already have them, due to the time fuse. What time is it in there? In here, Portugal, it's 3:49 pm. My appointment is at 5 pm. Almost there!

Lisa65

#12 Post by Lisa65 »

Rita - we're waiting! :lol:

raninhas

#13 Post by raninhas »

Hi there! Thanks for all the support! It all went great, and I promise I'll tell exactly how it was. But right now, after my first meal with braces, I'm brushing them, and I'm kind of panicking. My ortho gave me a kit with a manual braces brush, a little one with several heads to use in between the brackets, wax, toothpaste, fluor rinse, and manuals. But I don't have a water pick and I'm afraid I won't brush all the food off. I'm really panicking, I feel some fruit in between my teeth and I don't even know how to floss!
Please help me :(

rise&demise

#14 Post by rise&demise »

Glad to hear it went well!

Sorry I can't be much of a help... I'm getting mine on tomorrow and am woefully under prepared judging by KK's list.

Nawners

#15 Post by Nawners »

R&D - You share Manglemouth's and my b-day! Good luck!

Raninhas - Congratulations!! Hope all is going good for you :)
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~