QUESTION: putting a fake tooth on braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eoberhauser

#16 Post by eoberhauser »

My flipper was attached to the archwire via bracket from the beginning. I was also told that the missing tooth was genetic, however I don't know of anyone I got it from.

Erin

looloog

#17 Post by looloog »

Mine is a plate/palatte with a tooth on it. I really need to get one attached to my wire/bracket because the flipper i have stays in my mouth by anchoring off the top back molars, however my ortho needs to attach something back there (bond something with a chain?? i didnt quite get it) in order to rotate it.
Hope they figure something out.

looloog

#18 Post by looloog »

eoberhauser,
you had yours from the begining? can you explain in more detail? I thought they had to wait until you have a thicker rectangular wire in order to keep the tooth there, at least thats what I was told.
I really need a new solution, any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

eoberhauser

#19 Post by eoberhauser »

I may have worded that weirdly. I just meant that from the beginning of having the flipper it was attached to the wire. It was attached to the rectangular wire. However, I had a bunch of brackets repositioned at my last adjument and I had to go back down to a round wire. The flipper wiggles a bit more, but the assistant made sure to wire tie the heck out of it!

Anyway, hope that makes sense.

Erin

looloog

#20 Post by looloog »

ok, its coming back to me know, weve had this conversation before, i remember now you mentioning getting it around your 5th adjustment.
So wait, let me ask, what is wire tie -ing exactly? Will that do the trick to get it to stay put on a round wire?
-thanks!

chicklets

#21 Post by chicklets »

eoberhauser wrote:Here are my progress photos from start to flipper. I did not have any extractions. I had plenty of upper spacing from missing the lateral, and having smalll teeth. Enjoy!

Erin

Great pics, Erin!! I can't wait to show my son. I take him today for a wire change, and I'm curious to ask the ortho about *flippers*. We don't have an end date for his braces, and flippers for his laterals may be an option if he becomes more self-conscious (read: wants a girlfriend :wink:).

Jillian - We were also told my son's missing laterals is genetic. It took some family investigation to find distant cousins who had the same problem. My grandmother, on the otherhand, had an extra tooth, and my husband only had one wisdom tooth.
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

hachi95

Re: QUESTION: putting a fake tooth on braces?

#22 Post by hachi95 »

@eoberhauser How long did it take since you initially got braces to when you had room for the flipper? I will have to go through this process as well.
Thanks.

Aspiring

#23 Post by Aspiring »

hachi95 wrote:@eoberhauser How long did it take since you initially got braces to when you had room for the flipper? I will have to go through this process as well.
Thanks.
This thread is nine years old. That particular user hasn't made a post on the forum in seven years.

hachi95

#24 Post by hachi95 »

[quote="Aspiring"][quote="hachi95"]@eoberhauser How long did it take since you initially got braces to when you had room for the flipper? I will have to go through this process as well.
Thanks.[/quote]
This thread is nine years old. That particular user hasn't made a post on the forum in seven years.[/quote]
That's a very thoughtful answer. Thanks!