B Day! Plus question for tooth grinders.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

marcy

B Day! Plus question for tooth grinders.

#1 Post by marcy »

It was this past Thursday. It was supposed to be the week before, but there was a big winter storm that cancelled that. They called on Wednesday to say, "We have an opening tomorrow. Want it?" So, I did.

I used wax for the first few days, mostly on the back. Salt water rinses and ibuprofen have helped a lot.

My quick-pik is my friend! I received my SPAMTRONIC SPAMSONIC SPAMONAIDE SPAMSTER SPAM SPAMINATOR cordless irrigator for work, and I tested it out.

My dentakit was a big hit with my ortho and his staff. It's way handy. I also showed it off to the others at work who have them. Nurses make great word of mouth (literally!) advertisers.

I haven't been nearly as sore as I thought I would be. I remember reading that chewing would help. I grind my teeth at night. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue? I know that pain is incredibly subjective, but it's a thought.

Oh, I've got metal brackets and went for silver ligatures. I dig on all the super spicy food, so my requirement is "minimizing staining." I'll probably go metallic red at some point though.

shoshiaf

#2 Post by shoshiaf »

I grind my teeth as well, and one of the things my ortho suggested is to quit drinking caffeine. At first, I didn't believe this would make a difference, however; it really helped a lot. I'm a big coffee drinker, so this was really difficult for the first few days! But once I stopped drinking coffee, the teeth grinding almost stopped completely.

If this is not the case for you, you should be able to request a mouth guard from your orthodontist. It's not the same type of fitted mouthguard you would receive from your regular dentist, but it gets the job done.

Ives

#3 Post by Ives »

jt2lang wrote:My husband drinks a 12-pack of diet Dr. Pepper a day. I wonder if he gets too much caffeine? :lol:
Wow, I hope your kidding. I thought I drank alot of soda with 3 or 4 a day.
Ive actually almost quite sodas entirely. Switched to non caffiene only for the last month or so and now im down to 2 or 3 sodas a week. Eventuaaly want to stop drinking them all together. Those are nothing but trouble !!!!!!!
Braced March 1st 07

raninhas

#4 Post by raninhas »

I'm having trouble finding those products in Portugal. And I don't have Visa, so it's hard for me to buy them. If anyone could buy it for me, I'll send the money in advance and then pay for all the transportation fees. I really need totalguard, my teeth gringe like hell!