Just wanted to say thanks !!!!!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ives

Just wanted to say thanks !!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by Ives »

Before finding this site I was really close to talking myself out of getting braced. After spending much time here reading old and new posts I feel much better about the whole thing. The support from other adults doing the same thing is in one word,,,priceless. reading everyones comments and stories has made me excited to get my own story started. You've even made me want to start an online journal ( which is saying something for an old beer drinking mechanic :lol: ).

Again thanks to everyone. :-**

and a special thanks to Lynn for taking the time to maintain this site. Cannot be easy sometimes.... :jump:
Braced March 1st 07

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Good Luck for your journey. This site is an excellent place to share experiences and ask all the questions you like. I have found peace of mind on several occasions and it certainly helps to know that its not just you going through it.

Best of Luck for all your treatment.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoshiaf

#3 Post by shoshiaf »

Congratulations on your decision to become braced! I love seeing before/after pictures during and after the treatment, so please keep us posted on your orthodontic treatment!

Dr Jon Harrow

#4 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi Ives
I know what you mean, i was the same, in that I had left things so long(and lost teeth in the process),and when i decided to go for it, well you've read my posts, so you know how I was, but it was the encouragement and support of others on this site that kept me going, as I had also nearly talked myself out of going through with things, so thanks everybody, and thanks to you as well, for your great support, it is good to know there are other guys out these doing the braces journey..lets continue to support each other...YES :) ,
I hope you are getting well prepared for thursday, i will be thinking of you.
All the best
bye for now.
Jon XX

PfectPitch

#5 Post by PfectPitch »

Hey, Ives, how did the spacers go? I'll be thinking of you on Thursday when we get braced! Hang in there...

Ives

#6 Post by Ives »

They are ok I guess. Mouth is real sore right now. Had one come out last night which meant a trip back to the ortho. They replaced it but it still went in real tight, assistant said the tooth is real tight on the inside arch. I am worried that they will not be able to get the bands on thursday. Time will tell I guess. I'm getting more nervous the closer it gets though.
Braced March 1st 07

joney

#7 Post by joney »

Before finding this site I was really close to talking myself out of getting braced. After spending much time here reading old and new posts I feel much better about the whole thing. The support from other adults doing the same thing is in one word,,,priceless. reading everyones comments and stories has made me excited to get my own story started. You've even made me want to start an online journal ( which is saying something for an old beer drinking mechanic
I felt the same Ives (except I'm not an old beer drinking mechanic!). Good luck on Thursday, you'll be fine.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)