What is a tipped molar? My next appointment mystery...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

looloog

What is a tipped molar? My next appointment mystery...

#1 Post by looloog »

My ortho mummbled something about a tipped molar and how something needs to be bonded behind it to move it into place. My next appointment is for a (as written on the card) "Band/Bond 1-2 braces"
Can anyone decipher the meaning of this for me?
What am i getting into next? Im a little afraid.
thanks

looloog

#2 Post by looloog »

Thanks for explaining.
I dont see my molar tipped (I like your usage of keyboard buttons / vs | ) :)
But Ill take her work for it!! What choice do i have?!?!?!

I just am scared I am getting 'cleats' or buttons---all of which i read about on this forum and they sound painfull.

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi , i have a few tipped lower molors , an my orthodontist put two buttons on the inside of my mouth , these are used to hook elastics to my headgear molor cleats so the elastics will tip them upright , at first i hatted the buttons my tounge was cut up pretty bad but they are use to the set up now ,
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

platinum

#4 Post by platinum »

I had those buttons as a kid, when my crossbite was fixed. No problemns what so ever. I was like 10 and changing elastics by myself.

easy thing!