I have a question about top braces only

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaShaun

I have a question about top braces only

#1 Post by LaShaun »

I get braces Feb 27 :D. I am so excited. Just don't understand if I'm getting braces on top first why did they put spacers in the bottom also? Are they going to put the braces on top and leave the spacers at the bottom until I get the bottom braces in 2-3 month? :?:

LaShaun

Thank you

#2 Post by LaShaun »

Thank you all so much for resonding, makes me feel better knowing that these spacers will be coming out. They weren't really a problem until now, they are moving around makes me nervous to eat because they are so loose. My appointment is Tuesday so I'll let you all know the outcome.

LaShaun

The Braces goes on TOMORROW

#3 Post by LaShaun »

tomorrow is the day, the top braces goes on. Will post pictures and let you know how the first couple of hours went

raninhas

#4 Post by raninhas »

Hey LaShaun, had mine put 5 days ago. Was pretty exciting as well! Could barely sleep the night before or do any work on the B day! Remember, take KK's advices, and jsut relax and enjoy. It is your day!

Tiffchelle

#5 Post by Tiffchelle »

Hey LaShaun! (I know you!!!)
I just wanted to offer my best wishes for tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!!

Tiffany

LaShaun

My First 2 hours

#6 Post by LaShaun »

Hi, to all. I've been in my top braces and the bottom bands on for 2 hours now. It am so excited...for now, it's only been 2 hour. I will follow all advice, thank you all very much. :lol: :pinkbraces:

LaShaun

HI

#7 Post by LaShaun »

how did you know it was me.....LOL

Tiffchelle

Re: HI

#8 Post by Tiffchelle »

LaShaun wrote:
how did you know it was me.....LOL
I'm that good! :D I'm glad to know all is going well.

LaShaun

#9 Post by LaShaun »

[/quote]Tiffchelle

Yeah for now, they had a hard time getting those wire spacers out.
especially in the back they had really wedge themselves up in there, it was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy little or no pain when they did get them out. They made the spade though, the bands went on now problem.
Everything else was smooth sailing. :frogbraces:

LaShaun

3RD DAY IN BRACES

#10 Post by LaShaun »

(color: light blue)
Last edited by LaShaun on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LaShaun

#11 Post by LaShaun »

you wouldn't believe I had to go this morning to get two brackets replaced on yesterday which was my second day in braces. Yesterday I was brushing my teeth/braces at work and one of the brackets fell into the sink(it was not on the archwire) :oops: . Then I checked the other ones and another was moving( it was on the archwire). The day I left the Ortho. office I felt and heard something pop, investigated but didn't notice anything different. But hey I'm back together now, hopefully all goes well from now on. She did put to bands on today on the one that was on the archwire, I also asked if the inside hooks on the bands be moved in any further( that things was tearing my tongue up), she did the adjustment. And now I'm feeling a wholllllllllllle lot better

LaShaun

#12 Post by LaShaun »

Starting to feel a little soreness, it feel as if they are moving.
Is there any danger in bitting on the bite plate(forgot the name of it)