Sanding my teeth????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pcgal

Sanding my teeth????

#1 Post by pcgal »

I just went in for my first adjustment...my lowers are still crowded and my doctor replaced the elastic bands on two of my pushed back teeth with metal wires. He said once my teeth pop forward, he'll be narrowing the tops of them so they fit better. My teeth are shaped like an upside down triangle and he said when they're side by side, I'll have gaps at the bottom by my gums. Has anyone had this done? Does it hurt? I'm a big weenie when it comes to anything remotely resembling a drill (bad experiences in the past...no matter what they did the numbing didn't work...) What do I have to look forward to???

Amy19

#2 Post by Amy19 »

Hey!

I had this done at my last adjustment, and it was nothing to worry about. I worry about everything and i hate pain, so was nervous about this. But if im honest i didnt even know what she was doing, until she asked me to choose colours (best part) and i felt a gap in between my front teeth!

(if i looked correctly it is a tiny tool that has two sides to it, on to do the main sanding and the other is a polisher)

The worst part is the smell, (i thought it was the horrible glue again) but i would choose a horrible smell over pain any day!

Really nothing to worry about, its excellent you can see such a huge difference after it is done.

Good luck

Amy :D

[/url]

pcgal

#3 Post by pcgal »

Whew...when my ortho said what he wanted to do, I immediately said, "no you don't!" Now, I can relax...well, a little :wink: