braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jalen

braces

#1 Post by jalen »

I was told by my dentist that I needed braces, but I need info on prices, and insurance plans.

NikkiB

#2 Post by NikkiB »

Hi Jalen. I am wondering if you have looked at the articles on archwired yet. There are some great articles for newbies in regards to cost etc. No one here can provide you with a cost estimate as this is something that needs to be addressed directly with your orthodontist.

In regards to insurance plans, I suggest contacting your insurance provider to see what types of coverage they offer. Most times your orthodontist is willing to work out a payment plan with you so that you don't have to pay for it all at once.

Below you will find links to the various forums and articles for a newbie such as yourself. I think these will help answer any questions you have.

* http://www.archwired.com/Braces_Basics.htm
* http://www.archwired.com/Popular_Topics.htm
* viewforum.php?f=4&sid=984327bcbcfbe06308cf772532d785f9

Good luck with your journey!

Delag

#3 Post by Delag »

The best place to start is with your dentist. Call them back and ask for names and telephone numbers of orthodontists they like. Many orhtos offer a free first consultation - they don't do a full workup, they have a look-see and give you a general idea of time, treatment options, and cost. I would get at least three different opinions. You will find that you will learn a bit more from each doctor, and are then in a better postion to make an informed choice.

jalen

ABOut braces

#4 Post by jalen »

if anyone reads my post and has\had braces, please tell me about the treatment, the pain, and the cost.

Betty Bat

#5 Post by Betty Bat »

Jalen,
Pretty much everyone on this site has/had braces. There is so much information that is available here! Just start reading. Take a look at "Articles About Braces -- for Newbies and Others", use the Sear capabilities to check for things like pain and cost (we talk about them a lot!), just read some of the threads, ...

Your questions are so general that it's impossible to answer them without duplicating the thousands and thousands of entries that have been posted. You're going to have to meet us half-way on this, if you are looking for specifics.

Best of luck to you.

Delag

#6 Post by Delag »

treatment plans..... Everyone's teeth are different and so is their treatment plan. There are many different types of braces. Read up on them where Nikki suggested.

Pain.....Yes, they make your teeth tender, but not horrible.

cost....anywhere from $2,000 to $10,000 USD. Average being $5,000ish.

Now it is time for you to do your homework, we can't do that for you. Read all around archwired and go get some consultations. Good luck.

NikkiB

#7 Post by NikkiB »

What Delag said. Well put Delag! :jump: :-88

jalen

braces

#8 Post by jalen »

thanks guys, my mom has talked to my dentist, and he said that he is setting up a consultation for March 19. Thanks so much.