I'm finishing early - woohoo!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Epyx

I'm finishing early - woohoo!

#1 Post by Epyx »

Had my re-bracketing today - ouch. I hate when they snap those Damon brackets off, they seem to press on the top of the tooth for leverage.

I never ask my ortho how much time is left, I always think he will tell me if he has a firm opinion. Today he confirmed what he hinted at a couple of weeks ago - he says I will most likely finish at the 12-month mark!!!!!

I am so happy I am giddy. He put on a clear powerband to close up all my remaining gaps in my upper arch, and within hours, I can already see movement of my front teeth. I wonder how it will look when I wake up in the morning? :)

I also asked him about the jaw surgery he briefly discussed prior to treatment. He just looked at me and said, "I've never thought you needed it. In fact, I never even noted it - you are going to end up with an excellent, no-compromise result". Oh wow!

So if I sound slightly happy, I am. As if that's not enough, I then walked into a job interview for a job I thought I had no hope for, and I aced it!

Having said that, my teeth hurt :?

ema27

#2 Post by ema27 »

CONGRATS :D -i bet your over the moon!!so glad for you -heres hoping your teeth arent sore for too much longer.
Also well done for avoiding surgery-that must be a massive relief. and surprise if you were expecting it :shock:
all the very best-ema

Ives

#3 Post by Ives »

NICE, always like to here about positive results. Makes me feel better about starting my ordeal.

And more importantly, congrats on the job interview, those things can be tough.

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

Jenny5

#4 Post by Jenny5 »

That's awesome, Epyx!! I guess you had yourself a good Tuesday.

jess214

#5 Post by jess214 »

Yay congratulations! :D

I hope I finish early too.. I'm only three months in. :(
braced w/ ceramic brackets & wire ligs - 28th Nov, 06
debanded! + Essix retainers - 5th Nov, 08

Nervous

#6 Post by Nervous »

congratulations !! I am, unfortunately, going to be finishing late, not early :?

cleozar2007

#7 Post by cleozar2007 »

Me too! :D Yay for finishing early!!! :P

serendipity

#8 Post by serendipity »

I know that feeling :D - It's just the best...Fantastic News...It will come around quick!

~serendipity~
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

jamiegirl

#9 Post by jamiegirl »

Congrats!!! Thats great news!!! :D Im so hoping that I will get to finish early as well! :D

vivi21

#10 Post by vivi21 »

:thumbsup:
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

Epyx

#11 Post by Epyx »

Thanks guys, that was an amazing day. I woke up and my front teeth were touching! Only a small triangular gap. That's the first time in, well, forever :)

Everything is still tender but it's all for a good cause. I'm still pinching myself that I'm going to finish at the 12-month mark. It's so early that I'm going to talk to my ortho at that point and ask him if there is any value in remaining braced past that point. I'd be happy to keep them on longer if it adds any value to the result.