Not sure I can wait any longer...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bsblguy

#16 Post by bsblguy »

I guess I should preview before I post. Thats crown not crow, LOL.

tommyfive

#17 Post by tommyfive »

my consult was on 1/23 and from then up until this past monday i anticipated my chair appointment being today.

monday we looked at the budget and decided i have to wait another month.

i never thought it was as important to me as it seemed to be that night; i felt so let down, even though i knew it had to be. it's probably better that way anyway because i have a business trip this month (i rarely travel) and spending a week away from home with a freshly-braced mouth... well i'll have enough to worry about that week!

so now i wait. last week of march or second week of april. grr!

soon enough it will all be over and i'll look back and i'm sure i'll be happy it's all over, but the waiting is the hardest part!
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

Iwillsmile

#18 Post by Iwillsmile »

I know how you feel Marley! My brace day is March 6. Of course I'm not thrilled about wearing braces at 37 but can't wait to have a pretty smile!

I had plans with my old dentist to have braces for 20 months! Because of this site I found out about six month braces! I found a dentist in my area and will be in braces for six to nine months! Thank you everyone for your stories it has helped me in making my decision.

Reason for braces, crowding and a damaged front tooth from a auto accident 18years ago. The damage tooth now needs a veneer. I can no longer bleach it internally so it has now darkened, yuk! It is bad enough having a crooked smile but add a discolored tooth, lets just say I don't smile much. I have been so desperate for a pretty smile that I almost spent 15000 dollars for veneers! I'm now getting braces, bleaching and one veneer for 4900! Worth it to have my own smile!

manglemouth

#19 Post by manglemouth »

You shouls enjoy teh days before you get your braces. They are not that fun. They look ugly, teeth hurt, difficult to clean, speech problems etc.
I don't think they look ugly at all! I actually like how I can hide my crooked smile behind my braces right now, and with some nice lig colors I think they look downright fancy.

Marley, I too know what it's like to wait and wait and wait. I made up my mind around Christmas and was naive enough to think that sometime in January I'd have braces :lol: But it took me some time to find an ortho I trusted and then once I had my official brace day, I swore time stopped completely! I wanted my teeth to move already, any day spent waiting felt like such a waste of time! But your brace day is so soon now, these last days will fly by!

My piece of advice: Eat all those things you won't be able to eat (or at least not without difficulty ) once you are braced. Eat hard, chewy, crunchy stuff like it's going out of style :HugeGrin:

Ives

#20 Post by Ives »

If anyone can relate it's me. I made the decision in July of 2005 and just got braced 2 days ago after a long TMJ treatment.

Time stands still when waiting for something but seems to have flown by when looking back. Funny how that works. :?

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

New Metal

#21 Post by New Metal »

Boy do I know the feelin', I've been through pretty much every post with pics looking at the before and after pics wondering how much longer. My wife thinks I'm focused way too much on this. On a side note I would also like to reach 20 posts so I can get one of those super cool tickers. So March 9th is 5 days away.. away.. away. awaaaay.. UGH !!

New Metal

#22 Post by New Metal »

oops :oops:
Last edited by New Metal on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Metal

#23 Post by New Metal »

Last edited by New Metal on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Metal

#24 Post by New Metal »

Last edited by New Metal on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Metal

#25 Post by New Metal »

New Metal

#26 Post by New Metal »

Last edited by New Metal on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Metal

#27 Post by New Metal »

Beautemous02

#28 Post by Beautemous02 »

I had my consultation back on Feb. 8 and I get my spacers on the 22nd and braces on the 29th. I know all about how you feel. I keep reading up on all this stuff and I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how things go.

Marley

#29 Post by Marley »

Haha Thanks Karen! Now that the day is here, it feels like time flew!

1 hour and 9 minutes...

I will update when I get a chance, and I hope everyone else who is getting them on in the next bit does as well!!

Marley

#30 Post by Marley »

Haha Thanks Karen! Now that the day is here, it feels like time flew!

1 hour and 9 minutes...

I will update when I get a chance, and I hope everyone else who is getting them on in the next bit does as well!!