Just got back from orthos, braces are on 3/01/07, pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ives

Just got back from orthos, braces are on 3/01/07, pics

#1 Post by Ives »

Hey everyone, braces have been on for about 2 hours now. So far, not to bad. My mouth is pretty sore from the whole ordeal ( was in the chair almost 3 hours ) but no real pain.
The spacers didn't open things as wide as he would of liked, had to really work to get the bands in. 2 of them he could not get to go in at all, so he put 2 spacers back in. Going in for 2 more bands in a week. I will end up with 8 total. I went with clear uppers and metal lowers. Was asked about colors on brackets but was not brave enough yet for color. I have to get used to these things. First adjustment in 1 month, maybe after that.

Spacers, 6 upper and 6 lower

First day in braces

Cannot see in pics but one of my uppers is not attached to wire. It's tucked behind another tooth. Will need a spring to make room.

Sorry about dingy colored teeth, will get whitening as a reward to myself after braces journey. :D
Last edited by Ives on Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braced March 1st 07

Jenny5

#2 Post by Jenny5 »

Congrats, Ives!

Wow, 3 hours! Well, now you're on your way, that's great! Your teeth look pretty good to begin with, so they will look amazing when you're done. How long is your projected treatment time?
Was asked about colors on brackets but was not brave enough yet for color.
I felt the same way when I got mine on. I needed to get used to the braces first. Now I'm a week away from my first adjustment and thinking I'm a little bit jealous of everyone else's colors. We'll see what happens. Maybe I'll get green for St. Patrick's Day...or maybe I'll get silver again. Boring!
Sorry about dingy colored teeth, will get whitening as a reward to myself after braces journey.
They look pretty darn white to me!

Good luck with adjusting to your new hardware!

Ives

#3 Post by Ives »

Hey Jenny
My expected treatment is about 2 1/2 years. It may not be evident in the pics but there is some real issues to work out. My bottom front teeth are leaning way back and have pushed up. When I bite down my bottom teeth rub on the roof of my mouth. Causes alot of pain and tears up my mouth real bad. It's the main reason for pursuing ortho in the first place.

As far as the dingy teeth, I guess were all our own worse critics, thanks though, I work hard on dental hygene.

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

ngbraces

#4 Post by ngbraces »

It's easy to remember huh! Getting braces on the first day of the month! :-#)
The ceramic looks less visible on your upper and the metal on your lower looks cool.
I'm sure you will see a lot of progress over the time.
Good luck with your treatment.
Full Metal Mouth

Tin Indian

#5 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congratulations!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Danielle

#6 Post by Danielle »

Congratulations!
Cannot see in pics but one of my lowers is not attached to wire. It's tucked behind another tooth. Will need a spring to make room.
I had two teeth "tucked" behind others--one was on the bottom and included in the archwire and came forward in no time... the other was on the top and left out of the archwire--it had a strong elastic band tied around it to the archwire... I've yet to hear of anyone else having that kind of treatment... anyway, that tooth came forward at about the three month mark. Good luck.
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

alexa

#7 Post by alexa »

Congratulations!

March 1st is my bday too....but back in 2005. Today is my braces 2nd birthday...I swear, it goes by fast.

Good luck with treatment! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Dr Jon Harrow

#8 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hi Ives
Congratulations on the start of your braces journey, again i can also only confirm what others say, your teeth look clean to me, but then we are all our own worst critic are'nt we?, i want my teeth nice and clean for the b-day (1 wk monday!), and my dentist says they are clean, but to me they look a little yellow.. :(
because we are with our body 24/7 the smallest issues can become of major importance to us, Im the same with my crohns and the stomas, in that I always think that they show, and bulge out, even though no one else has noticed them...i expect i will be a little the same with my braces at first..hmm I'm such a vain individual...I know that is an issue i have to resolve. The braces look good,and your arches do look okay, but then looks are always deceiving, as I found out :( and you have mentioned.
Look forward to the adventures in braces that you have to post, and my joining from the 12th! :) :)
Jon XX

Nervous

#9 Post by Nervous »

First day is always the hardest. Just curious, which was more painful the spacers or your initial bracing?

Ives

#10 Post by Ives »

Denise, not sure of the type of wire, all I know is that it's white to go with clear brackets. Will have to wait and see if it stains.

Nervous
Having the bands installed by far for me. Thought I was going to get whiplash there a couple of times. :lol:

Everything is still pretty sore. Tried to eat a banana today, BIG mistake, had some clam chowder instead. That wasn't to bad. Inside of right cheek is very sore, banded bracket is rubbing badly on mouth. Wax not really helping. Will ask ortho if something can be done to alleviate this problem. Also have a slight lisp when trying to talk on hand held radio at work. Can't wait till I " get used to all this ". :wink:

Gotta go, see ya around the forum.

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

Joel-

#11 Post by Joel- »

Good luck, and remember all (or most) of the soreness will be gone very soon :)

chicklets

#12 Post by chicklets »

Congratulations, Ives! Nice pics too. I'm counting the days until March 27th -- my B day.
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

New Metal

#13 Post by New Metal »

Great pics, I'm still tryin' to pick a color for my 3/9/07 b date. Thats if I dont get there and get "spaced" (getting spacers instead of braces) :D

Ives

#14 Post by Ives »

I've allready noticed a little part of the white flaked off. No big deal though. Now that they're on, it really is no big deal. I could of had him put on all metal and it would of been fine. As was said in other posts, no one cares about what my braces look like except me. People look at my mouth and think " huh braces " and move on. I'll probably go with some all black ligs next time !!!!!!!

Thanks everyone, i'll probably start a post in braces stories soon, i'll keep adding pics as things progress. Speaking of pics, does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of pics that we can posted in this forum. I would imagine they take up alot of server space.
Braced March 1st 07

Ives

#15 Post by Ives »

Major Duhhh on my part. I knew that !!!!!!!!! :oops:

Thanks

Ives
Braced March 1st 07