lots of things I can't chew..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

payoki

lots of things I can't chew..

#1 Post by payoki »

I've been in braces for 28 months and still there are many things I can't have because it just hurts too much to chew.
For example, an apple, meat, chips, uncooked vegetables..unless it's cooked to death or soft I can't chew.
I still experience lots of pain in my teeth when I eat, does anyone share the same experiences?
mother of one.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

No, I just go for it. I find the more I chew the tough stuff, the easier it gets, even right after an adjustment.

neelie

#3 Post by neelie »

I've been braced four months today! I find I can't chew bacon, cole slaw, and salads are difficult. Ate some potato chips yesterday and they sure didn't taste as good as before braces. It's not that it is painful - my teeth just don't seem to have any power. And I guess that is because they are moving...even if ever so slightly.

Kat

#4 Post by Kat »

I can't chew anything either anymore. I'm 4 months in and I see it isn't going to change. My teeth are very sensitive. I saw someone bitting into a apple the other day and thought I'll never even come close to doing this again.
Eat things you like but don't hurt your self. That would be bad.

hd2755

#5 Post by hd2755 »

havent been able to chew anything either here is my diet.
1. monring wake up- frosted mini wheats put water over them and micro for 2.25 minutes enjoy.
2. second morning meal: bowl of oatmeal and two lightly done wheat toast with extra butter (for the toast) i soak them in my coffee then eat.
3. lunch: two packs of 3 oz tuna i mash this to a fine ground miracle whip for dressing and a micro veggie soup from progresso. and two kelloggs nutra grian bars.
4. after work foru nutra grain bars then repat the next day

non work days monday the buffet at KFC.
thursday broiled haddock wth mashed potatoes and soup and finely chopped lettuce and egg salad.

lots of water.

louis

BracedBelle

#6 Post by BracedBelle »

there are lots of things I can't eat, sometimes due to pain/discomfort, sometimes due to the fact that my teeth just don't meet. I usually don't eat apples, beef, bacon, salads, potato and corn chips, nuts, no vegetables unless they are overcooked/soft, crunchy cookies, flaky cereals, etc. I've tried to adjust but there are some things I really miss.

But, some days are better than others, and when my teeth and jaws feel good I try to eat things I normally avoid :)

loulou123

#7 Post by loulou123 »

Hi guys, i know its tough but i really find chewing although it hurts at the time makes your teeth feel better quicker in the long run. Just had my teeth adjusted and power chains put on and i intend to go out fro dinner tonight.
I cant chew on one side of my mouth due to a jaw problem and find the teeth on this side stay sorer longer. Hope that helps.

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

ghotieyes

#8 Post by ghotieyes »

Just got a new wire Thursday and I am back on the soup/mashedpotato/fish diet. Salads were the worst in the beginning and raw carrots and nuts (yes i know they're forbidden, but I sneak a few here and there) are still awful for me. They just get so stuck between teeth and brackets and expanders etc. Keep at it though, like everyone else says, because teeth are constantly moving and what may suck one day will be fine the next, and vice versa.

rcsw6

#9 Post by rcsw6 »

My biggest vice used to be crisps. I just couldn't resist them. I can't eat them now which is great! I also can't bite my nails which is another bad habit nipped in the bud. Getting braces was the healthiest thing I ever did!

Ives

#10 Post by Ives »

Im on day 3 and eating is still a chore. I know 3 days isn't very long but I have noticed a slight improvement in the pain. So im confident things will get better soon. My front teeth are really sore so everything has to be small bites so I can get the fork past my fronts without hitting anything. Alot tougher than it sounds. The absolute worst part was watching the guys eat there double cheeseburgers friday and all I could eat was some clam chowder. That was tough.

Ives
Braced March 1st 07

iBorg

#11 Post by iBorg »

My only eating problem is not that I can't chew but I chew without thinking. Of course that results in a trip to have the loose bracket reattached. Let's see I've done that with a peach (darn seed), breakfast bars (now I eat yogurt for breakfast) and a sandwich on a hard roll.

Life's too short to starve. The only thing I pass on is hard chips.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

*boom!*

#12 Post by *boom!* »

I'm also one that chews through the discomfort.

I can't bit straight into a sandwich, burger, hot dog or anything but I do cut them up and eat them that way. I cut carrots, meat and apples into small slices.
[/url]

*boom!*

#13 Post by *boom!* »

I can't bit straight into a sandwich, burger, hot dog or anything but I do cut them up and eat them that way. I cut carrots, meat and apples into small slices.
[/url]

*boom!*

#14 Post by *boom!* »

[/url]

*boom!*

#15 Post by *boom!* »

I can't bite straight into a sandwich, burger, hot dog or anything but I do cut them up and eat them that way. I cut carrots, meat and apples into small slices.
[/url]