Is this normal for Damons?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CanehdianGal

Is this normal for Damons?

#1 Post by CanehdianGal »

Hi everyone...March 16th would be 2 months since I've been braced and still having a hard time adjusting.

I have damons3m <something>. For the past 3 days I've noticed my uppers feeling more " bulky". My lip doesn't completey cover. Could the reason be my teeth r slowly moving outward. My teeth don't touch when I bite and maybe a new bite/normal bite could be forming.

Are damons larger than other brand braces?

kayakchic

#2 Post by kayakchic »

It took me awhile to adjust to the damons to...but hang in there it does get better!!
I think that the damons are a little bigger, at least that's what my ortho said.
I think that my lips look like they stick out but my husband says they look fuller...like sexy non botox supermodel lips :dance:

Good luck and let us know how you are adjusting.

nickym

#3 Post by nickym »

Hi, I had my braces fitted a week ago. They're Damon 3/ Ice which are metal but I have clear (ice) brackets on the top front six teeth. Is this what you have? I find them really bulky on the top teeth. Maybe it's just because they haven't been in very long but I find it hard to fit my top lip over them too. Damon brackets are supposed to be smaller than conventional metal or ceramic. Did they feel bulky when you first had them in? Perhaps your bite is changing, the damons are supposed to move the teeth in a different way than traditional braces, I think they slightly expand the palate, maybe that's why.

CanehdianGal

#4 Post by CanehdianGal »

I don't have the clear ice but I was fitted with damon because of the " expanding issues. My Ortho is giving me 8 months in damons to see if it has expanded enough not to get a pallete Expander.

Thankyou.

nickym

#5 Post by nickym »

Hi Kayakchik, didn't know that damons are supposed to be bigger than other types! That would explain why my lips feel big and the braces feel bulky! How long have you had yours on for? I've had mine on for a week and I'm definitely not used to them. It's good to hear that it gets better. I'll try to think of myself as having sexy supermodel lips too ;)

nancoy

#6 Post by nancoy »

March 10th will be 2 months for me in my Damons and I feel the same. When they bother my lips I wear alot of wax, all day if I have to, and lots of chap stick. The reason they might be bothering you for the past few days is because they are moving and you got use to where they were at.

viewtopic.php?t=17426

nickym

#7 Post by nickym »

Thanks karen, that makes sense, they do look quite high off the tooth, that's probably why they feel bulky. Good luck with your treatment too! :)