Progress pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DizzyKitty

Progress pics

#1 Post by DizzyKitty »

Figured I would post some progress pics to give some hope to those newly braced...it does get better, see?

Ugh, yeah they were bad. That was October 2005.

Here is June 2006, 8 months in...got the canines down and the crazy flaring I had a month before.

This is from last week. I am still using the elastic to get my midline into shape...kinda looks there to me? I can't believe how different it is when I chew food now, my molars match up now for the most part, it's amazing! I am super pleased with how my teeth look now and my ortho says I am ahead of schedule but I don't know how much. Sorry the last photo is so huge, it's not sized like the others and I got a new camera.
- Dizzy

lea72104

#2 Post by lea72104 »

those look really good! Congrats on being ahead of schedule!

spaced*out

#3 Post by spaced*out »

Your progress is impressive your teeth have came far !

awillis42606

#4 Post by awillis42606 »

Awesome pictures. It's so encouraging to see progression pictures. I was worried about my canines because one is sooo high... just like yours was... and I was afraid braces wouldn't move it. But after seeing your pictures I have new hope!! Thanks for the pictures!!!!

Amanda!!!

WiredforSound

#5 Post by WiredforSound »

Wow, the movement you have had already is incredible! Definitely an inspiration for the rest of us!!

alexa

#6 Post by alexa »

Lookin' great! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Zondrae

#7 Post by Zondrae »

you've got some great progress there!

jabberwocky

#8 Post by jabberwocky »

wow, that much in 8 months? that does give me hope! :) I have a gap between my front teeth and i've been wondering what it will be like to have it close in finally. I've wanted it to go away for pretty much my whole life...

LaShaun

#9 Post by LaShaun »

DizzyKitty Thanks for posting this really encourage me to wait and that there is hope, I've only been braces for a week now, And I really won't to see some changes. Did you go through a lot of pain getting that canine in place?

chicklets

#10 Post by chicklets »

Wow, the change looks fantastic!
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

barbienightmare

#11 Post by barbienightmare »

your teeth are looking really good! and in 8 months , i hope mine are as well behaved !

jabberwocky wrote:wow, that much in 8 months? that does give me hope! :) I have a gap between my front teeth and i've been wondering what it will be like to have it close in finally. I've wanted it to go away for pretty much my whole life...

Hey Im a gappy too , Im the same dying to see my self smile with out seeing my toncils through the gap in my front teeth!
every day 20 times and more I look to check if its less !!! :wink:

DizzyKitty

#12 Post by DizzyKitty »

LaShaun wrote:DizzyKitty Thanks for posting this really encourage me to wait and that there is hope, I've only been braces for a week now, And I really won't to see some changes. Did you go through a lot of pain getting that canine in place?

I had springs to make room for it then they attached it to the rest then these elastics to pull it down. Not pleasant but it wasn't that bad. And there's the flaring I talked about LOL I didn't like that AT ALL :-) but the canine came down in less than 3 months.

- Dizzy

Natalie

#13 Post by Natalie »

wow! your teeth are looking great! i've had my braces for about 4 and a half months now and it's easy to get fed up of them when you're not seeing much progress so i love to look at other people's progress to keep me going...so thanks! :)