Almost done but!?!??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

deltawire

Almost done but!?!??

#1 Post by deltawire »

Ok so I went to the ortho on Monday for my 8th adjustment and she said that I was almost done. I have my take off date set in May 2007. However, I noticed that my canine teeth look longer than my four front teeth. I know that was not the case before I got braces. I mentioned to my ortho but she did not seem to be too concerned about it. After looking at it enough in the mirror I have decided to tell her to do something about it on my next visit. I know it may impact my debanding date in May but I think I should not have to put up with something that wasn't there to begin with after paying all this money.

So my question is: When a bracket is replaced do you have to start off with a light wire or can you continue with the thick wire? I know this may depend on the situation but I would like to hear other experiences regarding this issue. In my opinion the canine teeth don't have to be moved by much so I don't think it should be a big deal.

~Dwire

IndyBraceFace

#2 Post by IndyBraceFace »

My canines are bigger than my front four teeth on both the top and bottom. It's not a lot, but it noticeable (by me anyway). I would imagine that it's pretty standard for your teeth to be like that. That's how they are naturally, but only a little bit. Definitely express your concerns to your ortho, though.

As far as changing the wire, I've had a few brackets adjusted and they did not go to a lighter wire. I'm on my finishing wire and have been even with the adjustments.