I'm WAXED!..And I LOVE IT!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CanehdianGal

I'm WAXED!..And I LOVE IT!

#1 Post by CanehdianGal »

I just applied wax to six of my upper teeth excluding the 2 front. 3 on each side. OMG this is heaven! The first time since Jan that there's no rubbing etc..It's so smooth, I never knew.

OK so my question is..How long should the wax be on the teeth/covering the braces etc..? It's so nice not seeing most of the metal..I like to keep it on 24/7 if I can. As long as they don't fall off. Will this affect the movement at all?

Ps..I luv this website!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

You can eat with wax in place, but I'd remove it to clean your teeth, and reapply fresh wax as required.

It will not affect movement.

You will be able to wean yourself off wax in due course. Also try warm salt water rinses for alleviating discomfort.

lemonlyme

#3 Post by lemonlyme »

There was a post a while ago about a girl who wore it over her metals all the time--she just liked the way it looked. I wore it like 24/7 for a while on my front teeth to hide a gap! It is awesome when you need it! :D I also use it sometimes on my wire when it gets pokey-ahh heaven.

shoshiaf

#4 Post by shoshiaf »

This post probably has one of the funniest titles I've seen in a while.

SDFD TSchott

#5 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I Agree with Lionfish also!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

nancoy

#6 Post by nancoy »

I wore wax the day I got braces, as soon as I got home. I wore it 24/7 on every tooth for about 2 weeks. I haven't worn it in a while till the other day when I had movement with my bottoms so I waxed the bands on my molars and went on with my business till after dinner I went to brush my teeth and I realized my wax was gone. I think I ate it because it wasn't anywhere to be found. I wonder when I did it but got to thinking to myself, was that the first time? I felt weird at first wearing it around others, but now I don't care who sees me with my wax, wax means comfort. Don't forgot to wax up at night, specially if you sleep on the side of your face, you wont wake up with mouth sores or bracket impressions. ~Nancy

viewtopic.php?t=17426

Lisa65

#7 Post by Lisa65 »

The molar bands on my top teeth have headgear tubes, which stick out miles. They rub my cheeks raw so I use wax over them pretty well 24/7 and have done for months.
I don't generally need it anywhere else now, but on those tubes it's been a lifesaver.

CanehdianGal

#8 Post by CanehdianGal »

"Don't forgot to wax up at night, specially if you sleep on the side of your face, you wont wake up with mouth sores or bracket impressions. ~Nancy "

OMG..I wake up everymorning and have to push both sides of my cheek with my tongue to get them " unstuck".

Thankyou everyone! :)

CanehdianGal

#9 Post by CanehdianGal »

>CG sounds like you have hydration problems! If your body is properly hydrated your brackets shouldn't 'stick' to your cheeks.

Karen I drink atleast 3 litres of water a day..It's only when I wake up in the morning that I have to unstick. I think I may try and sleep with the wax tonight and see what happens.

ps..Thankyou always for your replys to mine and everyone elses :)..Much appreciated.

CanehdianGal

#10 Post by CanehdianGal »

Well...it happened. I went for lunch and had some soup. As I was swallowing I choked a litte but thought it was the noodle..After 5 mins i realized the wax was gone..lol oops.

JoviFan

#11 Post by JoviFan »

KK wrote:CG ... still use the wax while you sleep ... as it will help loads. But there's will be a reason why your mouth is so dry that it 'sticks' to your brackets. Hydration is the easy one to fix ... sleeping with your mouth open is another one ... sleeping in a hot room another one ... eating and/or drinking products you have allegies to, close to bedtime another ... alcohol is another ... and so on.

Good luck with the wax ... and good luck getting the 'sticking' cheeks sorted! :banana:
Been using wax since Day 3.... mostly on the 2 canines, the ones with 'wings' lol, and my 2 upper fronts, they bother my lower lip....I sure hope I can go w/o wax at some point - it's sort of a pain sometimes....
I know I don't drink enough, and have been trying to more since the braces, but it's hard for me, I already have the bladder of a pea!!!! ROFL.....Mine stick in the am too, and I am SURE it's cuz I sleep with my mouth open more w/braces than I did w/o.... almost at the 6 week mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jump:
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

raninhas

#12 Post by raninhas »

I have wings too! In my canines and premolars and molars, all the teeh going from the canines to my bands. Anyone knows why this happens?
I also wake up in the morning with the brackets impressions on my mouth :lol: It's funny. The first time I got a little scared, but then I got used to, and last night I used wax on my canines (those are the brackets that put more pressure on the inside of lips/cheeks), and it work beautifully!
But during the day... I don't like to use wax, I think it gets a bit unestethic..I also have no pain, so...it all works for me :lol:

raninhas

#13 Post by raninhas »

KK yes, that's what wings are :lol:
Does everyone gets them? Or only the ones who will ujse elastics in the future? If so, I know in advance that I'll use them...Hmm.. Interesting.