tax return! braces on march 21!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tommyfive

tax return! braces on march 21!

#1 Post by tommyfive »

just when i thought i would be waiting months to start because of cashflow logistics, the tax return looks like it will hit the account this month, so i scheduled my brace day tentatively for march 21! woo hoo!

there's not really much more to say about it, except that i'm counting down and dealing with excitement and second thoughts.

i'm not gonna change my mind because i know i'd always look back and wish i hadn't changed my mind, and i've been worrying about this for over 10 years...

but it seems like having an appointment makes it almost seem real - and then i feel like now's my last chance to back out... i start to think that i could spend the money on - i dunno - a nice macintosh or a good camcorder, or both, with some cash left over...

not... changing... mind!!!

i can't believe i'm alone with that - did anyone else have that kind of ambivalence?
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

luxekitty

#2 Post by luxekitty »

In the long run your oral health is a much better investment then a new computer =) Also it's something that will basicly last forever, no more upgrading involved! :D
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lionfish

Re: tax return! braces on march 21!

#3 Post by lionfish »

tommyfive wrote:
i can't believe i'm alone with that - did anyone else have that kind of ambivalence?
Yes, and it took me 35 years to shake it off. I was just too scared to do anything, because an ortho I'd seen in my teens said I was a lost cause. With hindsight, I should thank him.

lea72104

#4 Post by lea72104 »

Congrats on getting a date set! I am using my tax return as well. I used part of it anyway! I was able to set up a pretty good payment plan 17*24 months but then at the end of may i am getting a tuition reimbursement so that will pay some as well! I have to get one tooth extracted on monday but my date is set for the 23rd. DO you know how long you will be braced??
Sheleah

tommyfive

#5 Post by tommyfive »

lea72104 wrote:...my date is set for the 23rd. DO you know how long you will be braced??
10-12 months is what they tell me. my wife is jealous; she got her braces on a month ago and will be wearing them for 18-24 months (i tend to think it will be longer, but who am i?).

i'm actually not horribly worried about the exact length of time coz i know it's not forever. that might change once they're on, but at that point i'll let the work take as long as it does. i'll be done paying for it in 12 months.
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

becks

#6 Post by becks »

No, you're not alone. I too have debated with myself whether I should invest in getting braced or not. Don't back out, you deserve to do this for yourself. And its really cool that you and your wife will both be braced!