What are these?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Blackcat

What are these?

#1 Post by Blackcat »

I have searched through some pictures of you guys in your cool braces and I can't find anyone else with these things on theirs...what are they? :?: One of them is bent and the other isn't. I had it put on 3 weeks ago...

cowlypso

#2 Post by cowlypso »

Those are loops in the archwire... I'm not up on all of their uses. But I know that they can be used to close gaps. And they can probably used for other small adjustments.

Blackcat

#3 Post by Blackcat »

Thankyou Cowlypso!

I asked because that's where I feel most pain - especially when I brush using my electric toothbrush.