A date at last!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

A date at last!!

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 pm Post subject: At last a date!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now finally got a brace fitting day,April 19th,I did explain my reason for me getting braces last year so I wont bore you with the details again.The weird thing is,I thought I had found the right ortho,but have been waiting until I could afford to pay off the treatment at the start in full
(get a good discount,not daft,us tight yorkshiremen lol)anyway to get to the point,the ortho I was going to, said,upper and lower braces,Quad helix for 9-12 months,braces for 24-30 months.Decided to check out one more ortho,who is more local to me,and he told me,braces for 12-18 months,and NO EXPANDER he has recommended Damon 3s,and told me he can get better arch form with them,(I have a very narrow upper arch)so that is the road I am taking.
I know a few of you guys have or had Damons,were/are you happy with them.
Now I have a date I am getting very nervous,I hope they ring me to say they have a cancellation,can I come in straight away,I just want to get started now,I have waited so long.
I keep thinking I am mad,but it will be worth it ,no more bad bite,to be able to chew properly,hopefully no more migraines,that is what keeps me positive,6 weeks to a tin grin