Closing or loop wires

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RainyDay2

Closing or loop wires

#1 Post by RainyDay2 »

Hi All,

I've been braced for about 7 months. I had two upper bicuspid extractions when I first started my brace journey. I was originally equiped with a nance appliance but it was removed a couple months ago. On my last adjustment, about 2 weeks ago, I was given a stronger wire with loops. THe ortho said that it was going to help close the gaps. My question is this: Will the loops in the wire open up as the gaps close or will the loops remain?

Sorry if this was addressed somewhere. I tried doing a search but it came back with toonnns! of results. I went through a lot of them but I couldn't find my answer.

THanks! :)

fins

#2 Post by fins »

I'm trying to remember when I had closing loops but I think they became smaller. They work very fast! I was done with them I believe within a couple of months.
fins

BlueeyedManda

#3 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I had my top two teeth out in May. The looped wire was put in, in June and I wore it until November. It did wonders, I got it back in Feb, I want them off by June so we are finishing my small gaps up using the loops. I really like it, very fast results.
Braces to be removed June 2007!!! In time for the big day!

RainyDay2

#4 Post by RainyDay2 »

So will the loops disappear as the gaps are closed or will they remain in the form of a loop. I ask because I feel that I see my gaps closing but I don't see any change in the loop itself! Is it just wishfull thinking on my part??? :? :wink:

BlueeyedManda

#5 Post by BlueeyedManda »

The loop doesnt change. It will always look the same. STrange huh?
Braces to be removed June 2007!!! In time for the big day!

RainyDay2

#6 Post by RainyDay2 »

Ok Thanks all Fins and Blueeyed manda for your replies. :D What would I do without this site!!!

Jesslzz

#7 Post by Jesslzz »

The loops in the archwire work really fast...I wore a looped archiwire for 5 months and at first it was a little difficult for me to adapt to the loops, they were quite annoying...but they did the job.

If you want to see some pics of how these things worked out for me you can visit my journal...(i know is hard to find specific info on this forum...it is just sooo big) look for jesslzz and you will find the link (sorry, too lazy to do that now, lol)

Full metalmouth!