Crazy elastic configurations

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kayakchic

Crazy elastic configurations

#1 Post by kayakchic »

I just have a simple box formation but was wondering how wild can some configurations get.

lionfish

Re: Crazy elastic configurations

#2 Post by lionfish »

kayakchic wrote:I just have a simple box formation but was wondering how wild can some configurations get.
I think Clo is still the reigning king of elastics. He had 11 at one stage and he posted a pic some time back.

Clo

#3 Post by Clo »

Thanks lionfish ! You even remembered my "great 11" !

So, kayakchic, are these "wild" enough :

There are 11 elastics in there : 4 triangles left, 4 triangles right, 2 class-2
elastics and 1 (invisible here, on second molars left) crossbite elastic.

And this one wasn't bad either :

4 box elastics, 2 class-2 elastics and 2 lower arch "wideners". Not so many
here, but compensated by a ... headgear.
Yes, I was the reason there was a global shortage of elastics some time ago.
So sorry about that.

Pirate Wench

#4 Post by Pirate Wench »

:shock: no matter how many times I see the configs on Clo.....I just can't beleive it :shock:

I just have 2 elastics.....from top premolars (both sides) to second last bottom molars (both sides).

Last time I had 2 elastics in triangle formation.....top premolar and 1st molar (both sides) to bottom premolar (both sides).

That is as exciting as I have gotten so far.

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

Clo definitely wins the elastic competition, but this one of Gemgal's looked pretty impressive too.

viewtopic.php?t=14156&start=21

Pirate Wench

#6 Post by Pirate Wench »

That one is definately impressive too....

Clairey Fairey

#7 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Wow that is amzing Clo, You've got guts to go through with that treatment. How did you eat, talk etc??

Clo

#8 Post by Clo »

Thanks !

Eating was no problem. I just needed to take them all out and then place them all
back in. After a while one gets quite handy doing this. Talking was not a problem
either. Some anecdote. When I had this configuration, there was this moment when
all neighborhood people come together. I was there too, and this old lady kept telling
me to have another delicious biscuit she had there. I thought, my god, I can only
open my mouth about half an inch. What biscuit is not bigger than that. And with some
effort it did "go in". After some biscuits and speaking a lot, my jaws were very tired that
evening ...

platinum

#9 Post by platinum »

CLO:
those elastic things look so crazy!!!!! It seems that your teeth are pulled in all directions. I had a crossbite elastics when i was a kid between one apper and one lower molar. It fixed the crossbite but my molars are tipped.
I don't know if I could go to public with your kind of elastics...

cinaminsweet

#10 Post by cinaminsweet »

I don't know the name of all my teeth. I'm just wearing one elastic right now. It goes from my top front right tooth and stretches diagonally across to one of my lower left teeth. I'm supposed to wear it all the time, but since I think it looks ridiculous (and I can't talk as well, and I'm a teacher so I have to do a lot of talking!) I only wear it at night.

I'm at the end of my treatment, but I've had a couple different elastic configs. I've had the classic box and the one I've had the most often was when they would stretch from my back teeth forward.

becks

#11 Post by becks »

Wow Clo, that is crazy. Between brushing, flossing, and reinserting all those elastics how did you ever find time to do anything else!?

Are elastics a standard part of everyone's treatment at some point or does it just depend on each person's bite?

Jaynicolaou82

Re: that's must of been difficult

#12 Post by Jaynicolaou82 »

All that rubber n metal must been hard how long did u have it

uote="Clo"]Thanks lionfish ! You even
remembered my "great 11" !

So, kayakchic, are these "wild" enough :

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/p ... 811053.jpg[/img]

There are 11 elastics in there : 4 triangles left, 4 triangles right, 2 class-2
elastics and 1 (invisible here, on second molars left) crossbite elastic.

And this one wasn't bad either :

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/p ... 109062.jpg[/img]

4 box elastics, 2 class-2 elastics and 2 lower arch "wideners". Not so many
here, but compensated by a ... headgear.
Yes, I was the reason there was a global shortage of elastics some time ago.
So sorry about that.[/quote]