Braces are GO!! (with pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Thumbellina

Braces are GO!! (with pics)

#1 Post by Thumbellina »

Very late post but I got my braces on last Friday. The best bit was getting those *insert swear word here* spacers out :-)o One of them was stuck in so bad it had to be cut and pulled out... :yikes: I can still remember the pain.

Getting them put on was an absolute breeze!! It feels so weird when they are all in - but not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. And for some odd reason when they threaded the wire through it was a kinda familiar feeling - like I was meant to get braces :Questions: :HugeGrin:

So far there has not been a huge amount of pain. It is still tender to chew (especially the front teeth - no biting into things for me!! Although I am so scared I am going to break them I probably won't yet anyway) but another odd thing is that as soon as I stop eating it stops hurting!! :jump: I started out using lots of wax but everything seems to have settled down quite a bit now. I still have to do the blowfish face to get all my cheeks out the way sometimes and when I wake up in the morning I have to unstick my lips from the metal :P

They have already moved (I am going to take weekly pictures to track it) and I am having trouble flossing - has anyone else had this? I used to be able to floss between all teeth but now I can't on some of them - I have broken some of my floss from see-sawing it until it breaks!

For those of you with your braces - it is so freaky the first time when you look in the mirror with your braces on hey!! I was like "argh!! What have I done??" and then about 5 seconds later "phew... on my way to a beautiful smile"

For those of you about to get your braces - it is fantastic!! :-V Honestly, those spacers are hideous, but the braces are NOTHING at all like that. And you do get used to them really quickly!! AND, apart from one persons negative comments, everyone is really supportive... in fact, there have been an insane amount of people saying they wish they had the courage/money to do it. :dance:

Here are some pics of what they look like:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... 1front.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... bottom.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... ay1top.jpg

One happy girl here - just can't wait until I can bite into a big juicy burger... but patience is going to become my best friend!! :D

ghostmyimag3

#2 Post by ghostmyimag3 »

yeah i took pictures every week up until now. That way i could edit the pics to compare. You'll see movement shortly im sure, i had proof of movement after 11 days. Since that i've had periodic soreness in the teeth i know are moving and the weekly pics show it. Ignore that girl, she's just mad cause she spent 4 yrs to accomplish what you'll get in two. I have 14 months left woooo sad i'm counting! Its worth it all when you can feel your teeth straighter than they were, i'm seeing spots that were not visible before, its cool but strange.
Metal braces on Uppers and lowers-November 8, 2006

Thumbellina

#3 Post by Thumbellina »

Yep, they have already moved a little 8) its fantastic!!

joney

#4 Post by joney »

Congratulations, believe it or not in a few weeks you will forget you even have them on although for the first few weeks I kept checking for movement.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

sjsarre

#5 Post by sjsarre »

Congratulations on having your brace put on.. It took me a few months because I had springs etc.. But now my brace feels part of me!

Weird isn't it!!

MarvinBrace

#6 Post by MarvinBrace »

Hi Thumbellina,

I hope everything goes smooth with your braces. :wink:
I had mine put on monday (no pain yet).
So keep us posted with your pics and we will keep in touch.

Bye...Marvin

turrrtlelove22

#7 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Yay!!! Congrats to you!!! Yea I have issues with flossing...especially on the top I can't get to some places... :( Although when I do floss I dont see much come out or off, so I'm just a little confused there. I've had mostly good compliments, too. One person called me braceface tho... I just grinned even bigger....LOL...Are ppl fascinated with yours? It's really wierd, like almost everyday I see ppl glance once then twice and then ask so many questions and just stare at my mouth when I'm talking...I find that odd...lol...Cheers to a beautiful smile!!! :D :D :D
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

Thumbellina

#8 Post by Thumbellina »

Well I have now had them for almost 3 momths (in two days time!!) and they seem like a part of my life now :D

Still haven't had any major pain, just some aching occasionally so I am realy pleased about that 8)

I would love to put pics up - can someone talk me through it? I am not very computer savy and can't seem to make it work! :roll: :oops:

Thumbellina

#9 Post by Thumbellina »

Well I have now had them for almost 3 months (in two days time!!) and they seem like a part of my life now :D

Still haven't had any major pain, just some aching occasionally so I am really pleased about that 8)

I would love to put pics up - can someone talk me through it? I am not very computer savy and can't seem to make it work! :roll: :oops:

Thumbellina

#10 Post by Thumbellina »

ARGH!! :shock: See!! Not too computer savy at all!!!!!! :oops: (this was the 3rd copy of this post before I edited it!! :crazy:

victor36

Congratulations and Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Post by victor36 »

hi, Thumbellina!
my name is Victor, congratulations on your B-day, and Welcome to Pic Posting 101!

When posting an image, one must use an image-hosting website, such as Photobucket (and I see you have already done this).

Now...
to make the pic appear, all you have to do is book-end the image url with Image on the right.
(instead of typing out Image you can just click on the Image button, then type Ctrl+V to paste the image url, then click on Image again.. and voila!

Soooo.. instead of seeing:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... 1front.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... bottom.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/ ... ay1top.jpg

you will see:

pretty easy, huh?

Congratulations you have just completed Pic Posting 101!

~Victor
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.

victor36

#12 Post by victor36 »

Thanks for the Imageshack tip, KK... I see that I have to work smarter, not harder. :wink:
B-day: 02/06/07
Adjustments: 04/03/07, 05/30/07, 07/25/07, 09/18/07, 11/15/07, 01/10/08, 03/04/08, 05/08/08
Debonding: 07/01/08
18 month prognosis
Actual Treatment Time: 1 year, 4 months, 25 days
Click on the Image ↓↓ below for my story.