Drooling

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Thumbellina

Drooling

#1 Post by Thumbellina »

Mmm, it's pretty attractive!! :dance:

Does anyone else have drooling problems when they sleep ? I never used to drool but since I have had my braces I do sometimes - especially when I am really tired!

It's quite gross to wake up from a nana-nap, hair all askew and drool all down the side of my face and pillow :-*

I'm sure I've grossed you all out now but does anyone else have this :?:

delerius

Hahaha

#2 Post by delerius »

I haven't encountered this problem after I wore braces but I do remember waking up in a pool of mess when I was really tired from work way, way, waaaay back.

Lately, when I wake up my mouth is usually dry. No saliva where it's not supposed to be. That's why it's important to keep in mind to drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.

HeadgearJoe

#3 Post by HeadgearJoe »

good morning , yep another drooler here, not as much in the day hours , but after i put my headgear on wow, an yes the wet drooled on pillow, headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

susieq182

#4 Post by susieq182 »

guilty as charged. I notice it is worse right after a major adjustment. I think it is because my teeth dont want to touch or something. I also seem to drool more when I am really tired but that is nothing new its just worse with braces.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

:oops: How embarrasing...... :oops:

I am a drooler too. I have found it is alot worse in the past month. Maybe it is because of the new elastics that I am wearing. I never noticed it with the first configuration, but this new one.......WOW. This is how I know my teeth have definately moved. :thumbsup:

The new config didn't seem to be doing anything, but it is almost time for another adjustment and I am getting up every morning with a sore mouth and DROOL. I guess it is doing something!

Have a great day fellow droolers! :lol:

Jillianleab

#6 Post by Jillianleab »

I used to be a really bad drooler (or maybe really good because I did it a lot?) but I've noticed that since my bite has improved, I drool less at night. I'm hoping that by the time I'm out of braces it will have stopped all together!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

fromjersey

another drooler

#7 Post by fromjersey »

I'm such a drooler that I put two pillow cases on my bed pillow. Less likely to damage my pillow. And I'm not even braced yet. I do have allergies and a mouth-breathing problem.
Helen
Last edited by fromjersey on Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joney

#8 Post by joney »

I drooled after I had my extractions. I had to sleep with tissue tucked under my cheeks. I felt very sorry for myself at the time.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

LadyTr0uble

#9 Post by LadyTr0uble »

I just drool. And during the day too! Spit would also fly when i talk. I've started to accept it for what it is and apologize to those I end up spitting on by accident. I've never had that unless I was exhausted and wake up to a dampness on my cheek, but not spittle on the pillow...

thesallymonster

#10 Post by thesallymonster »

Before braces, I only drooled in my sleep when I was overtired, but now I drool every other time I sleep! It's because with all the hardware in my mouth my mouth tends to hang slightly open when I sleep, I try to keep my lips closed when I lay down.
*The Sallymonster*

Now in elastics, too! Since 2/25/09.

BracesRacer

#11 Post by BracesRacer »

I did the first night i had braces but havn't since... I make up for it when brushing my teeth though... I make a HUGE mess LOL

skyclad

Yikes

#12 Post by skyclad »

I drool excessively now, how will it be when I get my braces? That didn't even occur to me until I saw this post. EEK.
Funny story...I went to a concert on a school night and fell asleep in algebra class the next day. I woke up on my own but had a huge puddle of drool in my book. I know ewww. Funny but true.
It should be noted that I do not make it a habit of falling asleep in class.

Back on topic....I have an ortho appt at 1215 i will ask about that.