Bracket unglued

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spimpy

Bracket unglued

#1 Post by spimpy »

For the second time, the SAME bracket has unglued from my tooth. Could it have something to do with the tooth?
My tooth seems a little sore, 'cause I keep moving the bracket back and forth on the archwire. Anyway I have an adjustment next week.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

looloog

#2 Post by looloog »

Sorry bout that...i know the feeling

Are you eating tootsie rolls?? :D :)

I popped one off last week eating a tootsie roll :oops: i know i know its like at the top of the 'do not eat this' list, but i really thought if i was crafty enough i could make it work :)

ck9486

#3 Post by ck9486 »

I've had this problem numerous times in the past. Bring it up with the dentist, and see if it could be due to weak bonding glue. and refrain from the hard foods.

spimpy

#4 Post by spimpy »

Thanks for the reply guys. Actually, my top arch (where the bracket unglued) has been, in my opinion, alligned for quite some time now; it'll be my 1 year anniversary next month. And no, I don't eat any candies or stuff like that.

I'll definitely talked to my ortho about it. Although I'm lucky if I can get to see him for 2 minutes. He's always around somewhere, but never for very long. Needless to say, his assistant does all the glueing, and wire changes.

becks

#5 Post by becks »

Is the tooth a crown or does it have a filling? Sometimes bonding to teeth that are or do is more difficult. Also, just wanted to comment about you not getting to see your ortho very long. Sheesh, i thought it was just me! When I got braced I think I saw the ortho for a total of about 5 minutes of the 2 hours I was in the chair. The ortho's got it easy!! 8)

Naduah82

Re: Bracket unglued

#6 Post by Naduah82 »

For the second time, the SAME bracket has unglued from my tooth. Could it have something to do with the tooth?
My tooth seems a little sore, 'cause I keep moving the bracket back and forth on the archwire. Anyway I have an adjustment next week.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
I had the same thing happen, my bracked popped off twice! This tooth is very rotated so I guess there was too much pressure. My ortho put whats called a "button" on the tooth and the archwire is a little looser. She told me it's only until the tooth moves a tiny bit then they can put a normal bracket back on.