clove oil??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spacersarentfun

clove oil??

#1 Post by spacersarentfun »

I got six of my eight bands put on thursday 3/15. I get the other 2 bands along with the tpa device and the rest of my braces on 3/29. I'm finding that the bottom right back molar band is constanly rubbing on my check area. I tried the benzocaine rub my ortho gave me but I found liquid clove oil from the health food store work SO much better. As anyone else tried this for canker sore/rubbing sore????? :?:

bracey

#2 Post by bracey »

yes Ive heard of clove oil for dabbing on a toothache, Its supposed to numb the nerve or something to that effect

Ravishing

#3 Post by Ravishing »

I had a bad cavity on a weird angle due to my wisdom teeth being impacted and pressing on another tooth in my mouth. My dentist put in a temporary filling that had clove oil in it to help clear up any infection there might have been below the gum line. Once he removed the tmporary filling everything looked good and he went ahead and put a permanent one in.

In my case the clove oil seemed to work great. The only complaint I had was the funky taste it left in my mouth until I got my permanent filling.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!