Will be brace free for 3 weeks, is this a problem?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kay

Will be brace free for 3 weeks, is this a problem?

#1 Post by kay »

Hi everyone! I'm getting married this August and just over 4 months into my treatment. My ortho has kindly said he will take my braces out for a week so i can be free of them for my wedding. HOWEVER, my fiance has booked our honeymoon for the next day and we're off for just over 2 weeks. I havn't told my ortho this yet, but was just wondering will my teeth change alot during this time if i dont get them strapped back in straight away?

My flight isn't until later on in the day, but i will be in London and my ortho is about an hours drive away up the M1 (if theres no traffic!). I would love to be brace free for my honeymoon too and dont really mind if my teeth move slightly, but not sure if my ortho will like the sound of that. Scared he might want me to get them back on before i go, in which case i will be rushing around like mad!

Any advice and info will be much appreciated!

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I'd discuss this with your ortho.

ChooChooo

#3 Post by ChooChooo »

Your ortho is nice! I asked my ortho if I could have my braces off for 5 days in aug (9 months into my 12 month braces), he laughed at me. but the assistant told me after he left he might be persuaded but I would have to wear a retainer. I guess teeth can move back pretty quickly.