Sudden jaw joint pain.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nimo

Sudden jaw joint pain.

#1 Post by nimo »

For no apparent reason the joint on my right side really, really hurts. The teeth were sore on that side whenever I ate, but I chalked it up to my adjustment and the teeth moving. Now the pain has moved from the teeth to the joint, and the pain won't go away. Has anyone else had this problem?
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

Hi Nimo. Your topic watch notifications are bouncing. Please check your email to ensure that it is valid. Thanks.

-Lynn the site Admin
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

joney

#3 Post by joney »

I had sudden jaw pain a while back. It developed overnight and I was very worried. I was so worried that I posted here. However it disappeared the next day. I put it down to stress at work and think that I must have been clenching the night before, which as far as I am aware is something that I had suffered from before. The pain was definitely new to me but thankfully it disappeared as quickly as it arrived. It was pretty bad and I feel for anybody here who is suffering from joint pain.

I hope your pain goes quickly too.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

orangetammy

#4 Post by orangetammy »

yep I do think it happens when your teeth are moving and you clench a lot.. that definitely would tense up your muscles too much and thus giving you some muscle pain..