thank you gift for assistants at end of treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

josephine

thank you gift for assistants at end of treatment?

#1 Post by josephine »

Hi all, I'm happy to say that I'm nearly done with braces and will be moving on to retainers in mid-April. Hooray! I am now trying to think of how best to thank the many wonderful assistants in my ortho's office. Has anyone else here done this, and what did you give as a thank you gift?

lea72104

#2 Post by lea72104 »

If you can get sizes well, then i would go for a scrub top...can get pricey if you don't look for bargains though.....or maybe gift cards to somewhere.....flowers are good too.....

Jillianleab

#3 Post by Jillianleab »

I was thinking about sending a gift basket to the entire office once I'm done. You can find some really nice ones at Harry & David that aren't too expensive. There are other sites too, but Harry & David is just sooooooo yummy!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Ives

#4 Post by Ives »

I allready gave them a gift of $4800.00, just kidding.

My wife and I want to do something nice for the assistant in our office, don't know who watched it but she and her twin sister were on deal or no deal last monday and they didn't do very good. Felt bad for them, maybe we'll bring them some double mint gum. ( you had to see the show to get that one ). :wink:
Braced March 1st 07

SinOnYourLips

#5 Post by SinOnYourLips »

It's funny when I was laying in that chair and only getting my braces put on me last friday, I already started thinking of this as well. Both the assistant and my ortho are so awesome and nice, I was already thinking about what I can bring them, when my treatment is over with.

Jillianleab, I LOOOOVE that idea! That's what I doing!

Now I have about 10 months for the preparation =X

Manicmomma

#6 Post by Manicmomma »

Hmmm..I've never thought about doing this before. Well, I guess I have the next 2 + years to think about it.
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

josephine

#7 Post by josephine »

Good ideas! I think I've come up with another one. Since it will be April, I think I'll get seed packets and gardening gloves, with several seed packets going to each person so they can trade if they want to. That could be fun. But I have three weeks yet (only three weeks! yessss!) so I'm still thinking about it.

momof2grlz

#8 Post by momof2grlz »

I think I'm going to send an edible arrangement to the entire office. There's too many assistants to purchase separate gifts. This way, it's fresh fruit and hopefully everyone will enjoy it.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

becks

#9 Post by becks »

Ives, :lol: I thought the $4400 I'm paying was a good enough gift too 8) . I watched the Deal or No Deal you are talking about. How cool one of them works at your ortho office. I think the pack of gum would be a riot. Poor girls, I felt bad for them on the show.

Seriously though, I think the whole office edible gift bag is a nice idea since buying individual gifts could get pretty pricey.

Delag

#10 Post by Delag »

I would just show up with a bunch of coffee and yummy pastries - don't get too complicated.

Dimples

#11 Post by Dimples »

Hmm...the 2700(insurance covered the rest) I'll be spending will be enough of a gift. Yeah my ortho is very nice and easy going, but hey...i'm not getting free treatment. My consultation wasn't even free.

SnowSara

#12 Post by SnowSara »

Good ideas!! I love my assistants, I look forward to appointments just so I can chat with them for a bit. Going to keep them in mind for the next year and a half for sure...

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

Clairey Fairey

#13 Post by Clairey Fairey »

A 'Thank You' Helium Baloon :-)

Although I think we should all get those 'I was brave at the dentist' stickers they give to kids.

I consider myself very brave when going to the scary dentist and orthodontist!! :lol:

MATEO'S

#14 Post by MATEO'S »

well there only three staff members in my ortho office and im getting my braces off may the 4th so i thought of giving them $100 so they could go out and have a nice lunch on me :D

HEPennypacker

#15 Post by HEPennypacker »

I'd like to do the same thing, if I can afford it, because my ortho's office is really cool.