One week down!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sutsee

One week down!

#1 Post by Sutsee »

So it's been a week since I've had my braces on. The first 3-4 days were rough and everything was sore. But I am happy to report all is well. There is virtually no pain. I did knock my two front teeth with my water bottle when I was on the tredmill....ouch but other than that I am barely aware that they are on. My friend came to visit the other day and she was here a good 10 min before she said "oh wow you got your braces on, I didn't even notice" I still feel my lips aren't big enough to fit over them,but they are...LOL. So now my new obsession is watching to see them moving. :lol: Just thought I would post my update. Hope everyone is doing well.

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Congratulations on reaching the one week mark Sutsee, the first week is the most difficult as it is a period of adjustment. Great that you haven't had much pain, I was also lucky in this respect. Don't worry you'll see movement soon although at times it seems like watching paint dry but if you compare monthly pics you'll be amazed. It sounds like you have a really positive attitude which is great.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

RightMyBite

#3 Post by RightMyBite »

I'm also at the one-week mark, and I hear you about watching for change! Unfortunately for me, I'm unlikely to see anything for a while because apparently the bite changes happen more slowly...