Supposed to come off today...trying not to be optimistic!pic

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilzoya3

Supposed to come off today...trying not to be optimistic!pic

#1 Post by lilzoya3 »

I'm supposed to get my braces off today, but I'm really, really trying to not get my hopes up because my bite seems off.

When I close my mouth, two of my teeth hit in the front. Most of my molars do touch, but this concerns me. The two teeth hitting are: the top tooth between my front right tooth and my right top incisor, and the bottom tooth directly below it. Everything else is PERFECT! Picture is reversed for sides, but you get the idea.

At my last adjustment (when impressions were taken) two weeks ago, the ortho mentioned that some fine-tuning could be done while in retainers.

Has anyone ever actually had additional movement during the retainer stage? Everything I read says retainers are supposed to just "set" the final placement...not move teeth.

Worried...please give any advice you can!

I really want these braces off, but it won't be worth it if it isn't right! I plan to ask my ortho about it before he takes them off, but thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced something similar!

Thanks!

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Yes, I've had movement with retainers!! :D

I have a lower essex type retainer that my ortho calls a "bio-form". It looks like invisalign and there are dimples and things in it that are moving teeth.

My lower teeth were not aligned perfectly and I had one tooth that needed additional intrusion.

All has occured in the past 8 weeks and I should be DONE by my next appointment in April.

My upper incisors have moved a bit in the upper Hawley, but he will make adjustments to it next time to push that sucker back into line.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

lilzoya3

#3 Post by lilzoya3 »

Thank you SO much for responding! I'm so much relieved hearing your story, and you are right...you have pretty teeth!

Now I can get excited about my appointment this afternoon! YAY! :D

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Good luck with your appt. this afternoon. I can't offer any advice cause I'm a newbie.

By the way, the before and after pics of that smile are GREAT. Your teeth look awesome!!

Lillers

#5 Post by Lillers »

Keeping digits crossed for you, lilzoya3!

Let us know what happens.
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.