teeth sooo slimy!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ema27

teeth sooo slimy!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by ema27 »

Hi i have had my braces since january-all is well not any noticeable changes yet-couple of gaps appeared then went but everything takes time i guess.Anyway has any one else got really slimey teeth-i never noticed before but this past 2 weeks i find my self constantly swallowing before i speak to ,make sure its not visable when im talking..sound familar or am i on my own.... :shock:

lilzoya3

#2 Post by lilzoya3 »

I know exactly what you're talking about! My ortho explained that your mouth recognizes the braces as a foreign object and secretes saliva to break it down...as though it were food. Gross, but it explains why we all create so much spit with these things in.

Hope that helps!

Ives

#3 Post by Ives »

Same here, lots of saliva all day. I have to talk into a handie talkie radio all day and sometimes I catch myself spitting into the radio. I have to make sure my mouth is somewhat dry before talking or I sound like Sylvester the cat. :yuck:
Braced March 1st 07

Manicmomma

#4 Post by Manicmomma »

Oh man. That doesn't sound like much fun. Definitely not looking forward to that!
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

rkjohnson1969

#5 Post by rkjohnson1969 »

slimy might be a bit strong - it's not really that bad....I do brush my teeth a lot more often - but that's good anyway, since I was so used to chewing sugarless gum all the time and now I can't.... (I know some of you can, but right now my teeth are hitting together in a wierd way when I chew - will be glad when they move a bit more!)

ema27

SLIMEY TEETH

#6 Post by ema27 »

Yeah im afraid is it that bad!!!!!! :x Not all the time but there are days when my teeth are slimey .im glad im not alone :D
hopefully this is just a phase and soon it will be back like it use too!!!!!