kk What is your cleaning routine?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tinseltownusa

kk What is your cleaning routine?

#1 Post by tinseltownusa »

Hi,
You mentioned in a seperate post the praise you get from your dentist about your cleaning routine. I am intrigued! What is your typical cleaning consist of? thanks!

Genie

#2 Post by Genie »

KK, your Before, during, after B-day advices and daily cleaning routine are pasted in word documents and saved in my file so I can open them to study without searching the forum... they are so useful! :P

Epyx

#3 Post by Epyx »

My ortho told me to use listerine tooth defence with fluoride twice a day ... but I find it has a major bite to it. I'm happy to use it after my OTT clean ... but before work, I perfer the much gentlier oral b or sensodyne mouth washes with fluoride.
I find the same thing, Karen. Teeth Defence is fine at night, but when I use it before going to work, it beings tears to my eyes. I have now switched to Smooth Mint.

By the way, I love Listinerine Pre-brush Rinse - it really seems to make my teeth a little whiter.

BraceMom

#4 Post by BraceMom »

Karen, I was told NOT to use any whitening products but I am finding my teeth getting a little dingy, even in the 3 weeks since I've had my braces. I would love to try a whitening mouthwash or something...

BraceMom

#5 Post by BraceMom »

Thanks Karen, I appreciate your reply!

wearetheborg

#6 Post by wearetheborg »

Is hydrogen perioxide the same as peroxyl ?

And what is the purpose of the H2O2 ?

skyclad

listerine

#7 Post by skyclad »

Karen,
What does the tooth defense taste like? It seems to be purple in color, maybe...hopefully grape? I went shopping today and got a small bottle of that, a package of 75 flossers, a toothbrush and toothpaste, and tongue scraper. I will take some of the flossers, the small bottle of mouthwash and toothbrush/toothpaste to work to brush after lunch.

I had a rough cleaning and hope to never have such an experience again. I need to be more diligent in that arena anyway.

Mommynbraces

Fluoride

#8 Post by Mommynbraces »

I was aslo told to use the Listerin with Fluoride twice a day because of the low does of fluoride in the Listerin. I wa also prescribed a high dose fluoride toothpast that I will have to use in addition to my regular Colgate I use. If you have Fluoride in your water then it is not a huge issue and the xtra precautions are not needed. I dont have fluoride in my water so I have to get all that I can. This is also a great thing to have in cavitiy prevention.

Spacers placed: March 13th 2007
Teeth Cleaned: March 20th 2007
Braced: April 3rd 2007

Mommynbraces

Fluoride

#9 Post by Mommynbraces »

I was aslo told to use the Listerin with Fluoride twice a day because of the low does of fluoride in the Listerin. I wa also prescribed a high dose fluoride toothpast that I will have to use in addition to my regular Colgate I use. If you have Fluoride in your water then it is not a huge issue and the xtra precautions are not needed. I dont have fluoride in my water so I have to get all that I can. This is also a great thing to have in cavitiy prevention.

Spacers placed: March 13th 2007
Teeth Cleaned: March 20th 2007
Braced: April 3rd 2007

skyclad

listerine

#10 Post by skyclad »

Karen,
I wonder why yours is green and mine is purple. The only thing I can think of is that maybe mine doesn't have flouride.
I do have green listerine and the white pre-rinse and the green one does have a bite, I have to dilute it with water in order to deal with it.

I floss, rinse with white, brush, then use the green. at work i will floss, brush, then the purple.

skyclad

oral hygiene

#11 Post by skyclad »

Karen,
Since I am not braced yet...(soon hopefully...) I don't need the interdental brush.
I did however spend a good 30 min flossing (beef stew). That meat just would not come out of my teeth. I still feel like theres some in there but floss comes out clean.

skyclad

Karen

#12 Post by skyclad »

I wonder how much it would cost to send you a small bottle? Or if I can even send that sort of thing cross-continent?

Carolinahigh12

#13 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Dently ph Mouthwash turns purple when you gargle to let you know that it is killing the bacteria in your mouth. The only kind of mouthwash that I know comes in purple is the ones that are labeled "visably active" mouthwashes.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Carolinahigh12

#14 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

here is the link for their website.

http://www.dentylph.com/
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Carolinahigh12

#15 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I just came back from Walmart and they had Purple Listerine!!! and they had orange. So I am assuming that you should be able to buy that type of Listerine at any local drug store.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~