ok last question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lz

ok last question

#1 Post by lz »

for today :lol: :oops:

I forgot to ask my dr. so I thought I would ask here.
Is the retainer included in the original cost of treatment or is that and extra amount I will have to pay later?

Thanks I'll stop bugging everyone now LOL

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

I'm fairly sure that ortho's include the retainer in their initial price quote. HOWEVER, there have been a few on here who've had that as an extra cost at the end.

it is NOT AN OPTION to skip the retainers...

Ask your individual orthodontist office about this. Just call them, you don't have to wait for your next appointment or speak directly to your ortho. The receptionist should know this answer for ya!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

lz

#3 Post by lz »

I will deff. be getting it I know its just as important as the braces are and I wouldn't want to waste money on braces and not get the retainer and have all that messed up :D
thanks!!

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

Mine will be included, but they ought to be based on the amount I'm paying :lol:
But I've no idea if all ortho contracts include retainers. Best to ask next time you go.

skyclad

retainer included?

#5 Post by skyclad »

It has been my experience that the first set of retainers is included in the amount. It has to be said that you may experience an additonal cost for some reason, I hope you don't that would be a nasty little surprise.
It also has to be said that if you break or lose a retainer that replacing them will not be included. They will be an extra expense. My friend at work said her mom paid $500 when she accidentally threw her retainer away in the garbage with the remainder of her lunch. Her mom was mad. She is only 17 by the way and has not lost any more retainers.