underbite progress pics march update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gsx

underbite progress pics march update

#1 Post by gsx »

Hello, another update of my crossbite, notice the rotating piece #5 wich is causing me some pain
regards

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5789/peque6pg8.jpg[/img][/URL]

gsx

#2 Post by gsx »

thanks meryaten
It's only the third day since the OD decided to re-locate the bracket next to the metal band, so that's why still hurts.

To tell you the truth i prefer the arch to be metalic instead of white, just because it chips, but it last more in the lower teeth than in the upper (in the upper becomes chipped in 2months aprox)

Regards

gsx

#3 Post by gsx »

thanks Karen, I hope your teeth comes in the right place as mines. I'm still thinking in what will happen when the braces came out, because the space between the lowers and uppers its 1-1/2mm aprox, and i dont want to have the reverse bite again!

phanta

Re: underbite

#4 Post by phanta »

Karen and others with a slight underbite - how do you deal with it?

I've had occlusal bumps in the past, but seems my bite opened up from them too much, so they removed them.

Now that my arches are evening out, my top teeth sit a bit on top of the bottom ones, especially once I wake up. I'm afraid I may be grinding them in my sleep, but no additional chipping so far - (knock on wood).

I'm wondering if there's something else out there besides the bumps.

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

Nervous

#5 Post by Nervous »

Wow lookin's good :wink: . I am amazed how much your teeth look like mine! But I am not fortunate enough to have my braces blend in with my teeth so much :)

phanta

#6 Post by phanta »

Hi Karen,
That kind of answers my question - I was wondering if there's a device that would keep your teeth apart, other than the molar bumps.

But you dont' use any devices or anything to keep your teeth from touching, just the power of will :) That's been my tactic when awake, just was hoping to use something at night, but I guess there's nothing.

(sorry for hi-jacking the thread)

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com