What are you craving RIGHT NOW?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

awillis42606

#16 Post by awillis42606 »

The Cadbury Egg was very messy too because I had to cut it up and suck all the cream out... but again... very worth it!!!

thesallymonster

#17 Post by thesallymonster »

Having just got my lower braces yesterday, I want my normal diet back! My lowers have been very sore I'm on soft foods again.

I crave biting into a hot turkey sandwich from the school cafeteria, I hate cutting them up, it's so hard! Other than that, I've been eating pretty much as before (except today and yesterday and when I first got the top braces). I even eat popcorn sometimes, by mashing it up with my tongue.

I do, however, crave fruit 24/7. This has nothing to do with the braces, and everything to do with my school's cafeteria having a terrible fruit selection. All my vitamin C comes from a glass juice or a smoothie with my breakfast- if I don't have my juice or smoothie, I am NOT a happy camper during the day! Sometimes I buy fresh fruit at the local grocery store or fruit stand, which is wonderful, because then I can have grapes or berries or peaches. . . mmmm. . .
*The Sallymonster*

Now in elastics, too! Since 2/25/09.

Tin Indian

#18 Post by Tin Indian »

Really simple question there: Really simple answer: :-+

SWEET CORN ON THE COB!!!!!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Ives

#19 Post by Ives »

What am I craving right now ????

hmmmmmm, ice cold beer, oh wait, just had 2 of those.

I'd have to go with a double bacon cheeseburger with onion rings. Think i'm almost ready to give it a try. Maybe lunch on friday.
Braced March 1st 07

chlorine23

#20 Post by chlorine23 »

I just want you all to know I had the most wonderful lemon pepper french fries from our neighborhood greek place today.

That is all. :D

osubeanbags

#21 Post by osubeanbags »

I can't wait to chow through food without being careful =)

Right now I have a craving for chicken wings and sunflower seeds ... not at the same time of course :D
GO BUCKS!

ozkeeper

#22 Post by ozkeeper »

It's my third day of braces today and i've still gotta be a bit careful with hardish foods but I am craving a Hogs Breath Garlic and Mushroom Steak, Medium with curly fries. :-((

chlorine23

#23 Post by chlorine23 »

It's my third day of braces today and i've still gotta be a bit careful with hardish foods but I am craving a Hogs Breath Garlic and Mushroom Steak, Medium with curly fries. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ooohhh.... that sounds sooo good!

MiamiRox05

#24 Post by MiamiRox05 »

Its been 4 days since my tightening and rubber bands.

I am craving some DELICIOUS Crunchy Cape Cod Potato Chips.

Normaly though I eat just about anything I want, and use caution with some things.

I actually had a Carmel Apple once (around October actually), with chocolate chips instead of nuts...LOL I had to cut it up in tiny pieces, It was SO messy, but SO good.

Dr Jon Harrow

#25 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Where do I start?, large slices of mango, nice papaya, sweet potato chips, corn on the cob..........all i know is I never want to see rice pudding any more :(
Im on the soft stuff for another week...orthos instructions.. then another wek later my top arch is braced..oh hell! more rice pudding and mashed potato.
Bye for now
Jon XX

science teacher

craving

#26 Post by science teacher »

I eat a lot of food but some things just aren't worth it.

Since I have an expander for another 2 months..... I catch almost everything I eat up there and have to suck it out.

I don't eat french fries or sandwiches anymore. I have this gap that won't let me bite through anything.

I miss steak the most though....
Kim
SARPE 11/23/06
Expansion over 12/18/06 8.5mm
Brace day tops 1/15/07
Brace day bottoms 3/19/07
all expansion devices removed 9/19/07

Pepper

#27 Post by Pepper »

I miss eating sandwiches without a care.

Natalie

#28 Post by Natalie »

it's not really brace related but sometimes in the mornings i really really fancy indian...especially tandoori chicken! i used to get that a lot when i was hungover and all i wanted was tandoori chicken but of course indians don't open until night so i can never have it when i fancy it. worked nights last night and finished 7am and i could have killed for some tandoori chicken..i just went to bed instead...now i'm up and i still want it...might have to order takeaway!

chlorine23

#29 Post by chlorine23 »

Being as I'm new to this and have yet to learn valuable lessons about why we don't eat certain things (besides my ramen noodle lesson), what about sunflower seeds? One of you mentioned it. Or am I going to get them stuck places?

spaced*out

#30 Post by spaced*out »

Oh don't even get me started . I REAAAAALLLLLLYYYY want a carmel apple dipped in chocolate with crushed peanuts on top , or just plain old popcorn from the cinnama.