Braces going on today!! (26th March)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Clairey Fairey

Braces going on today!! (26th March)

#1 Post by Clairey Fairey »

I will be braced in less that 11 hours!! Gonna make the most of my last night of sleep without braces!!

Good luck to all the other people I've met on this forum who are also being braced on the 26th!!

onny

#2 Post by onny »

Just (try to) have a positive attitude from the first minute and you wont get any problems with your braces and sleep as well as if you had none. It is really that easy, those days in pain are rare and the target of a beautiful smile is worth the braces ten times. good luck and have fun ;)
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

How did it go?

starryadora

#4 Post by starryadora »

^ x2 :)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

Clairey Fairey

#5 Post by Clairey Fairey »

I've been half braced!!

I only had the bottom braces afterall, my ortho thought that it would to much pain in one go!!

I got bands put on 2 of my upper and lower molars (which is what the spacers were for) and then just the brace on the lowers. Didn't hurt at all when they put it on, just a bit boring lying in the chair with a plastic thing in my mouth keeping it open and that horrible suction tube thing!! (and needing the toilet...oops forgot to fo beforehand :? )

It hurts now though, the inside of my mouth is sore, teeth ache and and can't eat properly. The eating is annoying me more than the pain because I love food!!

But - I'm thinking positive, straight teeth!! It'll all be worth it in the end!

I have posted a blog viewtopic.php?p=169218#169218

Will try to get pics up soon :D