Damon System of treament

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Strassner

Damon System of treament

#1 Post by Strassner »

Anyone have questions about the Damon System? I am an orthodontist. Ask me.

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Can people ask you about regular braces too?

Strassner

#3 Post by Strassner »

ok

Betty Bat

#4 Post by Betty Bat »

Why do my Damon doors stick sometime? My dental hygiene is good - in fact, one of the times that they stuck was a week after a cleaning.

I'm not the only one with this problem. Admittedly, there aren't many of us with sticky doors, but it's pretty traumatic when it happens and you have multiple people with multiple tools trying to push the door closed.

And, if you don't know why they stick, can you give any recommendations on the best way to close them when they do stick?

Naduah82

Re: Damon System of treament

#5 Post by Naduah82 »

Strassner wrote:Anyone have questions about the Damon System? I am an orthodontist. Ask me.
I am getting Damon 3's put on Wednesday. Are these type of brackets known to "pop" off more often than the traditional brackets? Also I heard the damon system doesn't put as much force on your teeth for them to move, is this true?

JadeBlue

Damon question

#6 Post by JadeBlue »

Yes, thanks for asking!

I'm a 40 yr-old woman with open bite, overbite and crowded teeth. I have a consult scheduled with an ortho in April, and am wondering if I'm a candidate for Damon braces. This site says they can only be used in "certain circumstances." What are they? (I already know I can't wear Invisilign.)

I'm looking for fastest, most hygenic treatment available, and these seem like they might be the way to go.

Best,
JadeB.

chillin-in-grilz

#7 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Can you tell what type of braces that I have?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

lz

#8 Post by lz »

I'm getting Damons on the 13th. This is a great thread!!

Strassner

#9 Post by Strassner »

The new generation 3 Damon brackets have less problems with the doors than the gerneration 2 brackets. Only way to help problem is to change out old type to new type. Damon can be used on anyone. The purpose is to try to avoid extracting teeth by expanding the dental arches. The braces alone do not do this but the wires inserted along with the non friction brackets is part of the total system. Martin Strassner (orthodontist)

Betty Bat

#10 Post by Betty Bat »

But why do the doors stick? Yes, I have Damon 2's and have had them for almost 18 months. Can you explain what the problem is? And what my ortho can do about it, short of changing out all of my brackets?

ETA: How many people had problems with the Damon 2's? How many had problems with the Damon 3's? How do you know that there are fewer problems with the Damon 3's? What's been changed?

Strassner

#11 Post by Strassner »

They were totally redesigned by the company due to the problem with the Damon 2's doors. Damon 3 is new and improved. Dr. Damon is currently working on Damon 4 which probably will be available in a year.

chillin-in-grilz

#12 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Im not sure if you missed my message, but are you able to tell me what type of braces I have?
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

lz

#13 Post by lz »

i'm getting damons they should be the newest right? the 3s ?

Strassner

#14 Post by Strassner »

cannot tell from your picture what type of braces you have.

lz

#15 Post by lz »

ok thanks :D