when I get my braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lz

when I get my braces...

#1 Post by lz »

Will I get just the brackets? or the wires too?
Just wondering.
My case is pretty simple just mostly getting them to fix my cross bite and fill in my gap in the front where my tooth was pulled.
THANKS

chillin-in-grilz

#2 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Lol Im pretty sure that all braces come with wires. lol then whats the point of braces? lol Brackets don't do anything except provide pain lol.
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Brace_face_2006 stated a good example :D

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

OOPS DOUBLE POST!

~Tim~
Last edited by SDFD TSchott on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chillin-in-grilz

#5 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Braces January 29, 2007

lz

#6 Post by lz »

Excuse me if I sounded stupid but I've seen pictures of people getting them with no wires so i thought i would ask :shock:
Not something I would call and ask about I will know soon enough.
Thanks anyways!

chillin-in-grilz

#7 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

No I dont mean it like that, Im sorry if I offended you. I know what you are talking about now.

Some orthos leave just the brackets and put on the wires later in order for you to get used to the pressure. :) But its better in my opinion to have the wire all in at once. I rather have one big pain then 2 separate ones.
Last edited by chillin-in-grilz on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Braces January 29, 2007

lz

#8 Post by lz »

I see.
I just feel dumb as it is asking questions but I see other posts that get me thinking "will I have that".

chillin-in-grilz

#9 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Sorry :( I asked some questions too when I first started here. But the more you are on here, the more you learn:)

Braces January 29, 2007

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

lol when I first joined this group I was asking questions to that I thought was dumb but as others have told me there is no such thing as a stupid question.

~Tim~

Delag

#11 Post by Delag »

It all depends on the ortho and your case. On my first appt. I got brackets and wired to the first molars on top (he does not use bands). It took 4 more appointments to get a bracket and wire on every tooth - a tooth here and a tooth there :roll: . Two friends of mine see the same ortho (I think I started a trend) and they both were braced differently - one got full upper and lower with wire, and the other got just lowers to the first molars. It all just depends...

Naranja

#12 Post by Naranja »

hi
:)

i'm new here too

but, i can tell
first i got spacers, then molar bands
after extractions i got brackets and two weeks later y got fully braced on top

bottom nothing yet

patience... its all u need

sorry for my bad english :)

lemonlyme

#13 Post by lemonlyme »

I didnt have a wire at first on top-just the brackets, because i had an expander in the beginning of my treatment. :) It was actually nice getting the wire on after just having the brackets. Good luck

samantha_lou

#14 Post by samantha_lou »

I went in for upper and lower spacers, had eight of the delightful things! Then two weeks later, I went back and got lower bands and all my brackets, and was fitted for my upper RPE. Now I just went back yesterday for spacers again on the top only, and I get my RPE fitted on Wednesday.

I remember as a kid though, my best friend getting her braces, and she got brackets and spacers, then went back a whilst later for bands and wires. I think it just depends on the ortho, the schedule of the office and the treatment plan for the individual patient.