Braces will be coming off early!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cece

Braces will be coming off early!!!!

#1 Post by cece »

Yippee, so excited after my last appt....the doc has been telling me that we're getting great movement every time I go in. Only been braced for a little over 7 months now. I now have the space for my missing tooth (future implant) and my midline is coming along nicely thanks to elastics. Still have a spring to hold the space but the powerchain went bye-bye before this latest appt.

He initially told me up to 24 months, but he goes on and on so much everytime that I finally braved up and asked how much time we might be cutting off...he told me "it's the beginning of the end" and that instead of a few months we are talking a whole year early. I get scans for SureSmile in April and will need to consult with the oral surgeon to ensure that there's enough bone to do the implants (still have one baby tooth)...so if everything goes along smoothly hopefully by fall I'll have naked teeth :P

JoviFan

#2 Post by JoviFan »

WOW Cece -- that sounds like excellent news!!! Congrats!!! :D :D :D
Uppers Braced 1/29/07; 2 Upper bicuspid extractions 9/14/07; Lowers braced 9/25/07

cece

#3 Post by cece »

Thanks for sharing in my excitement!!! I need to create one of the tickers to count down the remainder of my journey....I'm sure I'll have more questions too as I get closer to my extraction(s)/implants.