I can't believe how fast

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mary88

I can't believe how fast

#1 Post by mary88 »

Hi everyone, I have to share this with you becauseI know this will encourage some of you. I have had my braces for only 34 days today. My primary reason for getting them was because of my canines on both sides on the top. Before being braced I had one canine removed because it was still a baby tooth that in the x-rays you could see that it was deteriorating. I was also told that the adult tooth would not come down without orthodontic help. So I decided to go the whole route, get braces and fix this once and for all.

Okay so now that you have a little background let me tell you what is making me so damn excited. When the braces went on there was only a small area of the adult tooth that was through the gum. Just small enough that they were barely able to put a button on it (some of the button dug into my gums a little.) Well here we are 34 days later and that canine is almost all the way down) It moved so much in just one month that I had to call my ortho yesterday and go in because I had so much extra wire that it was sticking out the back cutting up my mouth. I am so thrilled to not have that huge gap that I cannot even tell you. After the hygienist cut the extra wire she told me that when I go for myfirst adjustment (april 23) that they will be able to take off the button and bracket it.

Let me tell you I have had a rough time adjusting to the braces(teeth grinding,eating problems, mouth sores etc) But now I am so excited to see further progress.

I wish I could figure out this whole picture thing so I could show you but I am not that computer literate. And for those of you wondering. I am 40 years old. Thanks for being my sounding board and constant source of encouragement. Mary88

WiredforSound

#2 Post by WiredforSound »

Congratulations!!

Sounds like your making really good progress already!

I think there is a section of How do I - where it gives you the how to post pictures on this website. Can't wait to see them!
[/url]

bracesafter40

#3 Post by bracesafter40 »

Nice!
figure out the pictur ething and send us a picture soone!

baby teeth at 40, cool; i'm 41 and just got braces 29 days ago, so visible movement at all so i'm jealous.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

chlorine23

#4 Post by chlorine23 »

Wow, that's awesome! And encouraging too! I'm hoping like crazy mine goes that way... although I've already been told differently. According to my surgeon, it's going to be a difficult move. I am however, very proud that my surgeon told my ortho that my surgery was the most difficult thing he's ever done. Go me!

Doesn't say much for my mouth journey though...

Manicmomma

#5 Post by Manicmomma »

Sounds awesome, Mary! Can't wait to see a pic!
~~~Courage is fear that said it's prayers.~~~

chlorine23

#6 Post by chlorine23 »

So I had a check-up with the surgeon yesterday. He was amazed my ortho was able to get chains onto my teeth. I'm so concerned about the possibility of them not moving. Imagine my disgust when he says "oh yeah, I can see them moving already", my heart leapt!!! I said "really?" and he said, "no, I just made that story up". Oh pooh on him. I should've known being as it's been a whole 3 days.