What are you craving RIGHT NOW?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KatK

#31 Post by KatK »

I miss popcorn soooo badly! I tried having some for the first time in 4 months this weekend... it didn't go well AT ALL! I won't be doing that again!!! :-) Good luck!
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

ame_malia

#32 Post by ame_malia »

Well, talking about foods, cravings, and food no-no's, I'm lucky in that I don't like the sugar-type candies, I'm more of a chocolate and caramel person (the soft caramel that tends to be tucked inside chocolates, not the really hard kind you eat by itself) so I can pretty much give into any junk food craving I have. :) Really the only thing I haven't allowed myself is ice. Yeah, ice ;) I love to crunch on chunks of ice after I've finished a drink, but that was on my ortho's no-no list, so I've withheld that pleasure from myself.
But anyways, as to what I'm craving right this moment: Thin Mint girl scout cookies... which are sitting right in front of me. And as for non-food cravings: sleep. It's midnight where I am and I have class at 9:25 in the morning, but I'm not sleeping. Nope, instead here I am on Archwired (and I'm also studying for my Animal Nutrition Exam that I have on Wednesday)
Really, I washed my sheets earlier and I'm too lazy to make the bed quite yet. ;)

ame_malia

#33 Post by ame_malia »

Oh, nonononono! Not well done Stacexox! No!!! I am offended on behalf of steak lovers everywhere! Or at least those in Texas ;) I'm just messing with you, but seriously a steak is yummiest when rare or medium rare (bloody and still mooing as I call it!) Mehh.... to each his own :roll:

swede

#34 Post by swede »

I am dying to give my husband a big fat kiss, not just a peck on the lips. I did try to eat stuff I would miss the day before my braces, but I didn't think to give my husband one last great kiss :cry:. I can't wait to get these off so I can do that.

Food wise, Ritter Sport with hazelnuts without being careful and because of my bumper on my molars, I still can't chew salad enough to get it down. I love a good salad, the greener the lettuce the better. Thankfully, I can still have my morning coffee, glass of red wine with dinner, and a huge bowl of ice cream at night. Oh, I can still drink Margaritas, my absolute favorite drink :-88.

I was thinking weight loss when my braces first came on. Forget that when you can still eat a LOT of food with LOTS of calories in them :lol: .

2 months down, 10-12 to go!

Maria

Pepper

#35 Post by Pepper »

I had a fairly painful adjustment today. I could really go for a burger or a taco or something right now.

ame_malia

#36 Post by ame_malia »

In response to swede:
My fiance and I have no problem kissing.... ;)

Clairey Fairey

#37 Post by Clairey Fairey »

A great big bar of Galaxy Chocolate, or a CurlyWurlyMegaThingy. This is made at my local pub and consists of the following:

Chocolate Mousse
Cream
Chocolate Sauce
Choc and Vanilla Ice Cream

Yes I have a sweet tooth :wink:

chicklets

#38 Post by chicklets »

Popcorn with real melted butter and parmesan cheese. Guess I won't get any of that for awhile.

I just got braced today, so we had a curried dish last night. I don't want my light color ligs to get stained.
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

Dr Jon Harrow

#39 Post by Dr Jon Harrow »

:) Hmmm Claire
Curly wurly mega thingy? sounds like heaven..so where is this pub?, alas my local only sells beer and stuff like..well pubs sell....oh and crisps...can't eat them anyway...... :cry: ....now .....chocolate..that is another thing......
Jon XX

Nawners

#40 Post by Nawners »

I am REALLY craving crunchy tacos from Taco Bell :cry:
Or any crunchy taco, for that matter....
And popcorn for sure. I have never really cared for popcorn, but now the smell of it makes my mouth water. It's true what they say... You only want what you can't have.
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

florencegal

#41 Post by florencegal »

I've pretty much been eating anything I like in terms of chewy-ness but the one thing I REALLY miss with my clear ligs is..... RED WINE! I never thought it would bother me that much - I can live without curry and not having bolognese hasn't been much of an issue but I would kill for a glass of red! That fruity richness, the warmth as you sip it down.... damn it!

p.s. On Monday I actually did have my first curry since getting braced, my friend had invited me over for dinner so I didn't feel I could say anything. Man, they tell you to avoid the stuff for a very good reason - bright yellow mouth got sorted out with an emergency ortho visit today! :D

dallison

#42 Post by dallison »

I'm going to have an interesting time next week. I'm getting my braces on for the first time the day before Easter long weekend. So for me, it won't just be a case of having to pick and choose what I can eat and just have to cut it up, I don't think I'll be able to eat any of what my family makes!! :lol:

dallison

#43 Post by dallison »

I'm going to have an interesting time next week. I'm getting my braces on for the first time the day before Easter long weekend. So for me, it won't just be a case of having to pick and choose what I can eat and just have to cut it up, I don't think I'll be able to eat any of what my family makes!! :lol:

dallison

#44 Post by dallison »

lionfish

#45 Post by lionfish »

I forgot to mention :oops: so many people at work say to me when I'm eating my lunch - "Are you allowed to eat that with braces??" :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you said, "yes", no doubt!

I've made a discovery: chewing beef jerky (or biltong - South African beef jerky, best stuff in the world imo), um, can bend wires. I felt something funny at the back of my mouth a couple of days ago, had a look and found that I'd bent the wire between the last two teeth. Gave it a shove and it straightened out immediately. Whew! I like the stuff too much to give it away, but am being a bit more careful in shaving it really thin now.