I have an arch!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luxekitty

I have an arch!!

#1 Post by luxekitty »

Well, close enough to celebrate anyway. :P

I went for my 14mo adjustment yesterday. If anyone had seen my post about my "cursed" bracket, they ended up putting a ring type bracket on it (do NOT know the technical term for it) you can be sure it won't be falling off, but now asthetically it wont look as nice whenever the tooth decides to fall into line. I really don't care all too much though. I'm supposed to go back in 2 weeks so they can put a wire and start reigning the sucker in! :P

Here is a before of my uppers, you can see things have moved dramatically in the past 13months (taken 1mo in)!
http://images16.fotki.com/v299/photos/1 ... 876-vi.jpg

As for the "arch" my bottom finally no longer looks like piano keys!!! I even got a powerchain, which hurts, but I honestly don't mind. Pain is progress.

before (1 month in):
http://images16.fotki.com/v303/photos/1 ... 898-vi.jpg
Braces off 9/19/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JumpTheDitch

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Great progress, congratulations luxekitty :thumbsup:

ngbraces

#3 Post by ngbraces »

Your arches made amazing progress!! And kudos to your attitude about all the hardware you have to wear. Great bracewearer!! :-** :jump:
Full Metal Mouth

shoshiaf

#4 Post by shoshiaf »

I am impressed; the crowding is completely gone! Congrats on your extreme progress!

jenfire

#5 Post by jenfire »

Wow luxekitty-you are making amazing progress! The arches are fantastic...good luck on the rest of your journey. I look forward to hearing updates.

jenfire
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

samantha_lou

#6 Post by samantha_lou »

A rather impressive fourteen months! Congratulations! I'm sure that band will give the extra strength needed to bring that lateral into line, pesky thing sure was hiding way back there!

jennielee81

#7 Post by jennielee81 »

Your arch is beautiful!! Nice progress :thumbsup:

You take GREAT pictures, what is your secret? The color and clarity are quite vivid.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

joney

#8 Post by joney »

Inspirational!!
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Jembrace

#9 Post by Jembrace »

Amazing progress! A great improvement from the "before" misalignment!
Good luck with the rest of your braces journey!

Jembrace
1st wire change June 2007

~No dream is ever lost if we never cease to try~
Moody Blues

braced4asmile

#10 Post by braced4asmile »

That is awesome progress in 14 months! I bet you are thrilled with your results so far! Congrats for getting your arch!!!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

becks

#11 Post by becks »

Wow, that is very impressive!! Good for you. That right there is enough to make you smile from ear to ear. Thanks for posting!
Braced ~ March 13, 2007