It's my B-day!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Neysa

It's my B-day!!!

#1 Post by Neysa »

I am leaving in an hour for the ortho. I cant believe this day has finally come. I am nervous but in a good way. Not at all apprehensive. Dont know what else to say except wish me luck! :dance:

Neysa

Thanks KK!

#2 Post by Neysa »

I'll post as soon as I return home.

lz

#3 Post by lz »

how exciting!! I hope its a great experience for u!

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Woo hoo!! Hope everything goes well for you. I used to live in TX. Are you near Killeen at all?
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

Ives

#5 Post by Ives »

It's all down hill from here, congrats on getting started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Braced March 1st 07

lea72104

#6 Post by lea72104 »

Congrats! :jump:

Neysa

BRACED AT LONG LAST!!!

#7 Post by Neysa »

Sorry about the shouting but I am feeling pretty good. Thanks for all the encouragement. It took 3 1/2 hours to prepare my teeth for the brackets and glue them on. aaaarrggh The ortho told me it is because I have so many porcelain crowns and they are harder to glue the brackets to. The cheek spreader and a device meant to hold down my tongue were the worst part of the whole thing. They did not actually hurt but it was mighty uncomfortable. I was scared to eat but finally broke down yesterday evening and ate some pasta. None of my teeth are touching right now so I cant chew at all. It will be a long time before I eat out again. I am in NO pain but my cheeks are a little irritated. I am stocking up on wax as it is now my best friend.

lz

#8 Post by lz »

I'm glad all went pretty good!
I go next week :) I will be sure to bring my lip balm lol

Neysa

#9 Post by Neysa »

You were too right about the lip balm. I started using it the night before and it definately helped. My lips would have been a cracked mess if I had not used it. I just ate some augratin potatos and I was actually able to chew a little. Should be right as rain in a few days.

Sorry Becks, nowhere near Killeen.