6 month anniversary and 6th adjustment and Curvy Wire

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tyrablu

6 month anniversary and 6th adjustment and Curvy Wire

#1 Post by tyrablu »

So I have had these babies in for 6 months now and I must admit I have seen alot of movement. The most movement I have seen is on the bottom arch, most if not all of the major spaces are gone. The top arch is slowly slowly coming along I guess (just not at the rate in which I would like).

For my adjustment on Monday I was given two new wires, one was a kind of curvy wire on the bottom arch, does anyone know what that is supposed to do? I was too busy texting a friend to ask :oops:

I also got a new power chain on the entire top arch instead of just the front 4 like the last time.

So I guess things are coming along I just have to excercise a lot of patience (not my strong point).

Till next time

TB

Rickysa

#2 Post by Rickysa »

Did the wire look kinda like a potato chip from the side?

If so, it's called a "reverse curve" archwire and is used to open up a deep bite.

Dr. S
-Grad of UNC Ortho '92 (research centered around ceramic brackets)

tyrablu

#3 Post by tyrablu »

As a matter of fact it did look kinda like a potato chip. She did mention that I had a deep bite.

Next time I will pay more attention to what is going on.

Thanks Dr S.