I've gotta say...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JadeBlue

I've gotta say...

#1 Post by JadeBlue »

... At this point, I've seen a lot of photos of y'all in your braces, and everyone looks great! Really, whether it's clear brackets or damons or metal with colorful ligatures, I honestly think that your braces look cool. :D

In fact, I was finally inspired to call the orthodontist after seeing a woman in a local shop wearing gold braces with multi-color ligs. They looked pretty on her, and I felt nothing but admiration for her choice to have her teeth straightened as an adult.

I thought I'd go around keeping my mouth shut for 2.5 years after my braces went on, but now I think I might even smile! :P

Best,
Jade
(40 and in consult phase for second-time braces)

ladylee

#2 Post by ladylee »

If it's something you want to do, just do it, you won't regret it. I thought I would be really self-concious, but to be honest, I think I was more concious of the way my teeth looked before the braces were put on than when I started wearing them. Looking forward to my second adjustment this month and am nearly 48.

raninhas

#3 Post by raninhas »

I've been top braced since february 21st and I can honestly say I smile so much more than when I hadn't them!
It is different, I am proud to be in braces and so I just want to show them off! It is amazing what this little thinguies can do to our self estime and our interaction with the world! :lol: